JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
First, she ok. I gave her a thorough check and see seems completely fine thank goodness. I'll be monitoring her for the next few hours to make sure there's nothing wrong but I'm pretty sure she's fine.

We've been working in our basement recently and Mike and our neighbor were down there with Jack and Emma. I was upstairs in another room doing Wilson's nails and the child gate was blocking the stairs. I heard a huge crash/tumble and that was Emma. Apparently her and Jack were waiting at the top of the stairs and she must have lost her footing or Jack shoved her down. She rolled on her back and tumbled down an entire flight of wood stairs.

I'm very lucky she didn't break a bone or her neck. :bigeyes:

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
oh my gawd. shook up much? jeeseeeee very scary. hope she's ok and doesn't take on a limp :nope:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She was very shook up. When I got down there Mike was yelling at Jack because Jack thought it was a game was trying to play with her....poor girl. All she wanted was me to pick her up and hold her.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:hug: [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] how scary for the both of you!! I'm so glad she is alright but just for good measure I will send lots of positive healing thoughts her way :hug:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Awww little Emma :*( I hope she stays away from the steps for a while. Jack doesn't know any better. We have steps to, we live in a bi-level. I often worry about that, especially when I come home from work. they stand at the top all wiggly waiting to meet and greet

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no. Poor Emma and you, that must have been really scary for you. Im glad she seems to be okay. Just keep an eye on her for any limping, or if she seems to have any soreness. You are very lucky she didn't break any bones, poor thing, she must have been shook up though, and didn't know which end was up when she landed at the bottom. Hoping she continues to be okay, and not hurt. Love and prayers for Emma. That's always my worry with our basement stairs, I'm always afraid some one is going to forget to close it and one of my 2 are going to,take a tumble. We have a baby gate blocking the stairs to the upstairs, but only the door on the basement stairs. If someone were to forget to close it, it could be an accident. It happens so fast, before you even know it, don't beat yourself up over it, it was an accident, and thankfully she is okay. Keep us posted on how she is. Take care Hun

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh thats scary! I sure hope all is okay and I know you will give her lots of love :hug: to you both!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think Mike was more shook up than I was. I was the calm one. She's wanting to play ball right now so I think she'll be good. Maybe a bit sore like a bruise but good. I always thought it would be Wilson who'd take the tumble down, not her. Wilson's so top heavy. I felt bad for her and poor Jack getting yelled at.

Monica it's always worrisome no doubt. I don't ever worry about them going up our other stairs and still don't. I think what happened here is that they had no where to go when they were at the top because of the baby gate. Lesson learned on my end.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope all is well. But don't panic if she is a little stiff in the morning.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh dear sounds like she is okay thank goodness, it may have just scared her. My heart sank for a minute there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh dear sounds like she is okay thank goodness, it may have just scared her. My heart sank for a minute there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)
I can't believe she didn't get hurt. She's also been quite clingy and snuggly the last hour. She's pressed up against me right now sleeping. :love:

Last edited:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
She is scared awww poor baby so glad to hear she's ok and wasn't seriously injured.
Remember to coax Jack - I can't imagine he would push her. Poor babies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online