Socal Bulldog Rescue Volunteering?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I go to Dr. Kraemer and I've heard such wonderful things about this rescue. I really want to volunteer, but I'm not sure what I'd be able to do. Because of Til's intense training, I definitely could help socialize and train the bullies! I wouldn't be able to foster any, because I live in an apartment.

I'm a bit worried though. I am a total weakling and I don't know how I'd be able to deal with seeing sad, sick, or abused bullies. I'm such a baby.

Does anyone have advice/work at this rescue ?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@hnhammond - try thinking of it in a different fashion, yes you will see some sad, sick and abused bulldogs but when you give them love and attention you are giving them new and happy memories to go on ... going there not to pity and feel sorry for them but rather giving of your time and love will make the biggest and best changes in their lives :)

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would suggest you attend one of their monthly meet ups; their next one is this coming Sat 2/16 from 10am til 12pm. There, you can meet the peeps who run SCBR as well as foster parents and the bullies themselves. You can ask questions there and see how best to use your talents in volunteering w/them. That's wonderful that you want to be a part of this great organization!!

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Thank you guys! I think I will do that!!

And gosh, I KNOW! Dr. Kraemer is the greatest. Matilda just adores him!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.