There was a frenchie in the wood pile

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
It turns out our baby boy puppy is half Olde English Bulldogge (Mom) and half French Bulldog. It is a long, complicated story so I won't give all details but Mom was bred to OEB Murphy, but the breeder's Frenchie stud snuck in and got the job done! That really explains a lot--small size, ears popping up. The breeder wanted to replace our boy, calling him Buster now, with what we bought, an OEB pup, but we've bonded with the little guy so we're getting a considerable price reduction.

I need to get more pictures of him and Ruggles. Ruggles is so gentle with the little guy!

Attachments

• Buddy 001.jpg
    Buddy 001.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yes indeed , post those pictures

:pics:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I saw this post on Facebook ! The Breeder was trying to get 'Blue' bulldogs, and it took some investigation as to why none of the puppies were blue -

Honestly I was put off when I saw the breeder was breeding for 'Rare Colors' :( and quietly (to myself) questioned the breeder ethics. I'm glad you have your puppy and love it and have bonded with it, however... what if there is some type of health issues in the future? (is the breeder going to be responsible?) Are the pups all going to be sterilized ? to eliminate this, mistaken breeding from the blood lines? ? Sooo many complicated questions I'd be asking :(

I will tip my hat to the breeder for atleast making it public knowledge, that a mistake occurred.

And I can't wait to see the little guy grow up :) :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww he's so cute, I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to give him back either. My male Dozer, developed a severe under bite that didn't show itself until he was 5 months old, and my vet says its considered a genetic defect. My breeder gives a 1 year guarantee for any genetic defects, where he will either give our money back and take back the dog, or replace the dog with another puppy. I don't want either as I have bonded with my little Dozer, he's a big sloppy sweetheart who loves everything and everyone including other animals and kids. He's a big cuddle bug and we love him just the way God made him. It doesn't affect him in any bad way, but his upper and lower teeth don't meet together, so he can't close his mouth completely, and his tongue sticks out a lot, but I think it gives him more character and makes him all the more cuter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 136

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow .. half frenchie and half OEB ... did the frenchie stand on a box????

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] here is a picture of the boys. [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] that Frenchie either got on a stool or caught her lying down. [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Ruggles has a huge underbite too that showed up at about 5 months. [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] as long as there is a demand for rare colors someone will breed them, but I would not buy one myself. There are breeders who breed OEBs X Frenchies to get mini Bulldogs. They like to use small OEB females because they welp naturally. All of this litter will be neutered.

Attachments

• 2013020895133140.jpg
    2013020895133140.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 160

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Let's see more of him. You may be a bit dissapointed but like you mentioned your attached to him now. There will be a bunch of positives to hanging on to this boy

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
He is so stinking cute! I couldn't have given him up either. While he might not be an English Bulldog, I bet you'll be very glad for this little one in your life. :D

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Saw the story over on FB too. Although he's not what your had originally ordered, he's in your heart now that's that. I too will give the breeder props for publically acknowledging the mishap. It was quite interesting. Louie's going to be fun to watch grow.

Now that was one determined Frenchie. :love: :laugh:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
When we found out Mila was deaf, the breeder offered to take her back. It had already been a couple of weeks so there was no way we could give Mila the "Crazy Little White Dog" back.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​These two boys are meant to be together, no question!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, What a sweet face he has.... and BTW, Frenchie as too much fun!

house920001_zpsb2a98358.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.