Doggy Insurance

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hi Everyone!

I love this site and all the support and information. I was wondering if there was a specific Pet insurance you would recommend for Bulldogs. I currently have trupanion for my Lab but he doesnt have the health issues I know Bulldogs can develop so I am interested in a policy that would cover most issues for Fergus.

Thank you! IMG_0241.jpgIMG_0269.jpgIMG_0260.jpg

santinomom

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Santino
I bought it when Santino was a puppy and them cancelled it because every time I tried to submit a claim they would not cover it because it was a condition specific for the breed , which was garbage because the first incident was for an ear infection........ which ALL breeds can have. I simply got tired of them not wanting to cover anything.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm not familiar with what insurance companies you have in the States, as I love in Canada, but we use Pet Secure, and have been happy with them, they cover 80% of illness, and accidental ingestion of objects, and 80% of accidents including motor vehicle accidents. Right now we them on the puppy wellness program, which also covered all their puppy stuff, such as stool samples, revolution medications, vaccinations, spay and neuter, and when Dozer hurt his paw, they covered the exam, the X-ray and the pain medications. We currently pay $125 per month, for level 3 which is the puppy wellness level, per dog, but now that they are almost a year old, I'm going to switch to level 3, which drops down to $55 per month, and still covers the accident and illness, up to $5,000 per year, and also covers dental care, and a lot of other things, and they deposit the refund in the form of cash in your account instead of a mailed cheque, and I've usually gotten the refund within a week.

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
I have embrace pet insurance and have had only positive experiences with them. I think I posted on here about them yesterday. I had purchased both the wellness and illness plans and the wellness shots, her spay, etc were all covered at 100% reimbursement up to the $400 limit for wellness. I had the 100$ deductible and chose the 80% reimbursement on illness claims. She was checked over at her initial visit to ensure no pre-existing conditions were recorded in her records and I just received the 80% reimbursement on her emergency surgery from food bloat yesterday (submitted the claim on January 18th).

I had done a lot of research on the various insurance plans and am really happy with Embrace. They followed up and answered questions quickly and even emailed periodically to let me know how her illness claim was progressing.

Best decision I ever made. We spent $1598 for this food bloat emergency and received $1201 back...the premium has pretty much paid for itself.

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
We have trupanion for Ike. I also added both the complementary and the additional benefits. I have had no complaints with them really. they will not cover regular visits or shots or spay/neuter unless its required for medical reasons. Ike broke his tow, I put in for his xrays, pain meds, and weekly rewraps.
So far I have been satisfied. you can set your deductible and they cover 90%

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online