Hand feeding

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] recommended that I start handfeeding Remi and so far it's been working it's magic. Yesterday was one of Remi's best days. Super gentle and very pleasant.

I know these things take time, but my jaw is a little slack. I've been working hard on establishing myself as the top dog (but not too much - if anyone remembers THAT post!) and maybe this was the last piece to the puzzle.

We also isolated Remi a good 10 minutes after he cut my eyebrow, and I think something finally sunk in that wasn't desired behavior.

I don't know. I hate getting my hopes up on day 2, but they really are up. :pray:

Any hand feeding success stories?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
i don't have much to say except I'm super excited for you.:wave5: :bravo: day two will add up to day three and so on. I can't imagine this not working for you.

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Congratulations! This is good news. I am fascinated, I am new here and never heard of this hand feeding method & it's benefits. I must read up, I have a lot to learn.
keep the faith, Remi will be just fine. :)

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
YEA!!!!!! Keep up the good work Remi!!!! So happy to hear he's doing better....thank you for having the patience to work with him. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't have any experience with hand feeding, but just wanted to give you some love and hugs, and say I'm glad it's working for you, keep up the good work, and all will work itself out. It takes a lot of work, love and patience sometimes, but will be worth it in the end , when you can find something that works for you. Hoping you continue with your success, and good luck, Remi will be fine, and one day soon, you'll look back on these times and laugh. Good job mommy, and good job Remi.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
@cali~jenn recommended that I start handfeeding Remi and so far it's been working it's magic. Yesterday was one of Remi's best days. Super gentle and very pleasant.

I know these things take time, but my jaw is a little slack. I've been working hard on establishing myself as the top dog (but not too much - if anyone remembers THAT post!) and maybe this was the last piece to the puzzle.

We also isolated Remi a good 10 minutes after he cut my eyebrow, and I think something finally sunk in that wasn't desired behavior.

I don't know. I hate getting my hopes up on day 2, but they really are up. :pray:

Any hand feeding success stories?

Oh that's wonderful!! It won't fix it overnight, just keep at it. With Miila (again a whole other issue) I could see in her face the respect changed big time once I started hand feeding. I had heard of hand feeding before trying and it sounded so unrealistic and time consuming. Not at all. Eventually I started making her hand feed the first bite, then wait and do a trick before getting the bowl. And while eating out of the bowl I would make her "take a break" (meaning back up, sit/stay) about 3 times throughout the meal. Really messing with her, showing I WAS still in control. Once I felt she was back in the proper place I let her eat with the other pups like normal. Kinda in stages. Don't get discouraged when remi does regress, he will. They are 2 steps forward and 1 back. It is exhausting but in the end you will have such a great relationship with him. More than you can imagine. ;) :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so glad to hear you are having some positive results.... stay consistent! Good luck

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
YaY!!! Told my husband about hand feeding.. So glad it is working for you :2thumbs:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I too, am encouraged and it's good to hear you sounding hopeful. :2thumbs:

My own skin kid was such an a$$ at that immature stage, Hubby & I longed
for the time he could move out!

It's amazing how pleasant & charming he is now...as will be your Remi.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.