Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I havent posted in a while, so I have lots of updates about Mack...

1. We got a 36" crate from Homegoods, as referred to by a fellow EBN member. 36" is more than big enough for Mack, so he must be alot smaller than most of your furbabies! He is adjusting, slowly. He goes in on his own sometimes, he still sleeps wherever he lands, but HATES being locked in while we are gone. Eventually he settles down and goes to sleep, as he is sleeping in there when I get home.

2. Merrick Duck formula helped some allergy symptoms and made others TERRIBLE. His face and belly were not as red, but he was scratching his body and neck like CRAZY to the point of scabs, and shedding so bad that he was getting big thin patches. So we switched to Fromm Beef Fritatta. He used to be a grazer, and now he is a gobbeler, and we have to pull his bowl away and tell him to slow down! Turns out petflow is the same price as retailers near me, so why not have it auto shipped right? Question though - the coupon code listed here didnt work...i think it was englishbulldog right?

3. Petflow had a laser pointer on clearance so i had that sent with the Fromm, Mack is INSANE about chasing the laser pointer. Turns out we may have over excited/stressed/exhausted him, because he was having head tremors at the end of the night. They are very scary! I had read about them a few times on here, but since I hadnt seen any signs with Mack I didnt read the posts/articles that closely at the time. I was seriously considering a trip to the emergency vet before I jumped on EBN and realized they are common, and harmless, and likely because of our zealousness with the laser pointer yesterday. He slept in our bed last night, which is rare for him. He had no laser pointer today, and all seems well again. But my heart goes out to those of you that this is a regular occurrence for, bc I dont know how I would handle it! I felt so bad for him, just like the article says though, it was more traumatic for me then him!

Just thought I'd share a (not-so) quick update, and THANK EVERYONE AGAIN for all of the amazing information on this site. Here's to hoping this is our last food switch! And may the neighbor's chiuaua have a very healthy few months on all of the various 5 star foods she's been receiving as hand me downs!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
thanks for the update, food is tricky, and the laser pens are not allowed in my house, sorry, I like all my bully's calm. It's helps with the numbers i have to control. glad to see you checking in :2thumbs:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I havent posted in a while, so I have lots of updates about Mack...

1. We got a 36" crate from Homegoods, as referred to by a fellow EBN member. 36" is more than big enough for Mack, so he must be alot smaller than most of your furbabies! He is adjusting, slowly. He goes in on his own sometimes, he still sleeps wherever he lands, but HATES being locked in while we are gone. Eventually he settles down and goes to sleep, as he is sleeping in there when I get home.

2. Merrick Duck formula helped some allergy symptoms and made others TERRIBLE. His face and belly were not as red, but he was scratching his body and neck like CRAZY to the point of scabs, and shedding so bad that he was getting big thin patches. So we switched to Fromm Beef Fritatta. He used to be a grazer, and now he is a gobbeler, and we have to pull his bowl away and tell him to slow down! Turns out petflow is the same price as retailers near me, so why not have it auto shipped right? Question though - the coupon code listed here didnt work...i think it was englishbulldog right?

3. Petflow had a laser pointer on clearance so i had that sent with the Fromm, Mack is INSANE about chasing the laser pointer. Turns out we may have over excited/stressed/exhausted him, because he was having head tremors at the end of the night. They are very scary! I had read about them a few times on here, but since I hadnt seen any signs with Mack I didnt read the posts/articles that closely at the time. I was seriously considering a trip to the emergency vet before I jumped on EBN and realized they are common, and harmless, and likely because of our zealousness with the laser pointer yesterday. He slept in our bed last night, which is rare for him. He had no laser pointer today, and all seems well again. But my heart goes out to those of you that this is a regular occurrence for, bc I dont know how I would handle it! I felt so bad for him, just like the article says though, it was more traumatic for me then him!

Just thought I'd share a (not-so) quick update, and THANK EVERYONE AGAIN for all of the amazing information on this site. Here's to hoping this is our last food switch! And may the neighbor's chiuaua have a very healthy few months on all of the various 5 star foods she's been receiving as hand me downs!

Lol we have a laser pointer too :) but porky is really good about resting when we over work her she starts panting n it's *thud* screw u guys I'm napping lol I hope all goes well with the food :( poor Mack now I just switched Porkys food today from bb grain free to Fromm beef frittata as well n I had a lightbulb moment........do u feed straight from the bag or do u use a storage container????? I went to pour her from into her container n noticed the whole thing was covered in crumbs *lightbulb* I wash her toys, bowls, n her daily but never ever even thought to clean out her food storage bin so all the foods we tried had crumbs n dust from all the other foods on it idk how sensitive their allergies can get but I'm sure it doesn't help lol :D good luck to u n Mack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Lol we have a laser pointer too :) but porky is really good about resting when we over work her she starts panting n it's *thud* screw u guys I'm napping lol I hope all goes well with the food :( poor Mack now I just switched Porkys food today from bb grain free to Fromm beef frittata as well n I had a lightbulb moment........do u feed straight from the bag or do u use a storage container????? I went to pour her from into her container n noticed the whole thing was covered in crumbs *lightbulb* I wash her toys, bowls, n her daily but never ever even thought to clean out her food storage bin so all the foods we tried had crumbs n dust from all the other foods on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we feed from the bag, a stainless steel cup stays in the bag and we just reach in and grab a scoop. But that is definitly something i would have overlooked too! Good catch! I hope you have good results with the food change too!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad your back and happy things are going well with Mack. Would love to see some pics of him.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
lol just noticed my subject line is messed up, but dont know how to change it! its supposed to say got a crate, food change, head tremors lol

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
lol just noticed my subject line is messed up, but dont know how to change it! its supposed to say got a crate, food change, head tremors lol

Lol I was so confused. Glad that food switch workEd! Fromms seems to be a real big winner amongst the kibble feeders.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Our food bags have zip-lock tops so we feed right from the bag. I can't imagine the sight of a bully chasing a laser point! How funny! I'd love to see videos!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Laser pointer.... awesome way to get some energy out, but be careful as we had to retire it from our toy arsenal as Banks becme so overly obsessed with it that she would not play with ANYTHING else. She would just sit and stare at the box/drawer we kept it in -- it took MONTHS to get her to forget about it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.