Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant Noyes27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Posts
    420
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    I havent posted in a while, so I have lots of updates about Mack...

    1. We got a 36" crate from Homegoods, as referred to by a fellow EBN member. 36" is more than big enough for Mack, so he must be alot smaller than most of your furbabies! He is adjusting, slowly. He goes in on his own sometimes, he still sleeps wherever he lands, but HATES being locked in while we are gone. Eventually he settles down and goes to sleep, as he is sleeping in there when I get home.


    2. Merrick Duck formula helped some allergy symptoms and made others TERRIBLE. His face and belly were not as red, but he was scratching his body and neck like CRAZY to the point of scabs, and shedding so bad that he was getting big thin patches. So we switched to Fromm Beef Fritatta. He used to be a grazer, and now he is a gobbeler, and we have to pull his bowl away and tell him to slow down! Turns out petflow is the same price as retailers near me, so why not have it auto shipped right? Question though - the coupon code listed here didnt work...i think it was englishbulldog right?

    3. Petflow had a laser pointer on clearance so i had that sent with the Fromm, Mack is INSANE about chasing the laser pointer. Turns out we may have over excited/stressed/exhausted him, because he was having head tremors at the end of the night. They are very scary! I had read about them a few times on here, but since I hadnt seen any signs with Mack I didnt read the posts/articles that closely at the time. I was seriously considering a trip to the emergency vet before I jumped on EBN and realized they are common, and harmless, and likely because of our zealousness with the laser pointer yesterday. He slept in our bed last night, which is rare for him. He had no laser pointer today, and all seems well again. But my heart goes out to those of you that this is a regular occurrence for, bc I dont know how I would handle it! I felt so bad for him, just like the article says though, it was more traumatic for me then him!

    Just thought I'd share a (not-so) quick update, and THANK EVERYONE AGAIN for all of the amazing information on this site. Here's to hoping this is our last food switch! And may the neighbor's chiuaua have a very healthy few months on all of the various 5 star foods she's been receiving as hand me downs!

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    thanks for the update, food is tricky, and the laser pens are not allowed in my house, sorry, I like all my bully's calm. It's helps with the numbers i have to control. glad to see you checking in
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  3. #3
    Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Warrensburg, New York
    Posts
    810
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    I havent posted in a while, so I have lots of updates about Mack...

    1. We got a 36" crate from Homegoods, as referred to by a fellow EBN member. 36" is more than big enough for Mack, so he must be alot smaller than most of your furbabies! He is adjusting, slowly. He goes in on his own sometimes, he still sleeps wherever he lands, but HATES being locked in while we are gone. Eventually he settles down and goes to sleep, as he is sleeping in there when I get home.


    2. Merrick Duck formula helped some allergy symptoms and made others TERRIBLE. His face and belly were not as red, but he was scratching his body and neck like CRAZY to the point of scabs, and shedding so bad that he was getting big thin patches. So we switched to Fromm Beef Fritatta. He used to be a grazer, and now he is a gobbeler, and we have to pull his bowl away and tell him to slow down! Turns out petflow is the same price as retailers near me, so why not have it auto shipped right? Question though - the coupon code listed here didnt work...i think it was englishbulldog right?

    3. Petflow had a laser pointer on clearance so i had that sent with the Fromm, Mack is INSANE about chasing the laser pointer. Turns out we may have over excited/stressed/exhausted him, because he was having head tremors at the end of the night. They are very scary! I had read about them a few times on here, but since I hadnt seen any signs with Mack I didnt read the posts/articles that closely at the time. I was seriously considering a trip to the emergency vet before I jumped on EBN and realized they are common, and harmless, and likely because of our zealousness with the laser pointer yesterday. He slept in our bed last night, which is rare for him. He had no laser pointer today, and all seems well again. But my heart goes out to those of you that this is a regular occurrence for, bc I dont know how I would handle it! I felt so bad for him, just like the article says though, it was more traumatic for me then him!

    Just thought I'd share a (not-so) quick update, and THANK EVERYONE AGAIN for all of the amazing information on this site. Here's to hoping this is our last food switch! And may the neighbor's chiuaua have a very healthy few months on all of the various 5 star foods she's been receiving as hand me downs!
    Lol we have a laser pointer too but porky is really good about resting when we over work her she starts panting n it's *thud* screw u guys I'm napping lol I hope all goes well with the food poor Mack now I just switched Porkys food today from bb grain free to Fromm beef frittata as well n I had a lightbulb moment........do u feed straight from the bag or do u use a storage container????? I went to pour her from into her container n noticed the whole thing was covered in crumbs *lightbulb* I wash her toys, bowls, n her daily but never ever even thought to clean out her food storage bin so all the foods we tried had crumbs n dust from all the other foods on it idk how sensitive their allergies can get but I'm sure it doesn't help lol good luck to u n Mack


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

  4. #4
    Dog Park Attendant Noyes27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Posts
    420
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    Lol we have a laser pointer too but porky is really good about resting when we over work her she starts panting n it's *thud* screw u guys I'm napping lol I hope all goes well with the food poor Mack now I just switched Porkys food today from bb grain free to Fromm beef frittata as well n I had a lightbulb moment........do u feed straight from the bag or do u use a storage container????? I went to pour her from into her container n noticed the whole thing was covered in crumbs *lightbulb* I wash her toys, bowls, n her daily but never ever even thought to clean out her food storage bin so all the foods we tried had crumbs n dust from all the other foods on it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we feed from the bag, a stainless steel cup stays in the bag and we just reach in and grab a scoop. But that is definitly something i would have overlooked too! Good catch! I hope you have good results with the food change too!

  5. #5
    Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    13,246
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)
    1557

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    Glad your back and happy things are going well with Mack. Would love to see some pics of him.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie


  6. #6
    Dog Park Attendant Noyes27's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Posts
    420
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    lol just noticed my subject line is messed up, but dont know how to change it! its supposed to say got a crate, food change, head tremors lol

  7. #7
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    lol just noticed my subject line is messed up, but dont know how to change it! its supposed to say got a crate, food change, head tremors lol

    Lol I was so confused. Glad that food switch workEd! Fromms seems to be a real big winner amongst the kibble feeders.

  8. #8
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Muskegon, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    4,779
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    1454
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    Our food bags have zip-lock tops so we feed right from the bag. I can't imagine the sight of a bully chasing a laser point! How funny! I'd love to see videos!

  9. #9
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,178
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11515

    Default Re: Lots of updates - crmost your ate, food, head tremors...

    Laser pointer.... awesome way to get some energy out, but be careful as we had to retire it from our toy arsenal as Banks becme so overly obsessed with it that she would not play with ANYTHING else. She would just sit and stare at the box/drawer we kept it in -- it took MONTHS to get her to forget about it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •