Home alone

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Okay do Tipsy has a new routine of being home 3 days a week and going to day camp every other day and weekends all with me. I just feel sad she is alone those 3 days at home from 7a-4p. I have a camera on her and she sleeps most of the time but I guess the parent in me feels like I am neglecting her. She usually doesn't eat or drink unless i am there (she eats and play fine at camp). Am I overreacting?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
YES!

LOL. I'm just kidding...

You're doing great. I work from home and even then the dogs usually sleep hours during the day until the kids come home. That's quite cool that you got a home camera! Wish I had that when I had the kids before I started working from home - I spent a year as a basket case worried crazy about the babies left with the sitter. Lots of horror stories about those sitters... even though I had the greatest sitter ever.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She will be fine, all of mine stay in their crates during the when we are at work. But a little brother would help. :2thumbs:

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Planning on getting her a bro Bully during summer but do you think at 3 she will be able to adjust to a new kid in the house?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Planning on getting her a bro Bully during summer but do you think at 3 she will be able to adjust to a new kid in the house?

Yes shouldn't be a problem.... plenty of members have brought in pups with older bullies. We got Chelios when Banks was 6... took a few meetings at a neuter site and know they get along great

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Tipsy will be fine, Bacon is home for a lot longer then that and he sleeps from when we leave until when we get home. He gets up at around 11 has a little water and goes outside to pee and poo then back to bed. He also won't eat unless we are home(we have a camera on his inside and outside pen that I can access on my phone or over the web too :-)

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Tonka is home from 630am to 345 pm 4-5 days a week, and goes to daycare whenever I happen to get a weekday off or am on evenings (I'm an RN) because they don't open till 7. This week he went two half days, some he gets one full day, some weeks he doesn't get to go at all. He literally doesn't move an inch from his spot on the couch from the time I leave. When I get home, his tail goes nuts but it takes a few minutes for him to stretch out and get off his comfy couch spot lol. Then we go for a 45 min walk right away and spend the evening laying around. I take him everywhere on the weekend and days off. He just turned a year old on Feb 3rd and this just seems to be his routine and he seems fine with it. Bullies seem to love their routines

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.