Waking up or going to bed??

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Just wondering what your favorite part of the day is with your bully? I love when I take Bogey out of his crate early morning- he is so happy to see me, sneezes, snorts, gives kisses and there is NO biting!! Then again, we have our night time ritual: like clockwork, he gets sleepy around 8 pm- he is usually
up on the couch with me, so cuddly and mushy! I take him for a sleepy potty trip around 9 and then he goes right to his crate and he snuggles into his bed and is snoring within 2 minutes! Two priceless times of my busy day!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I do like the night time cuddles, but seeing their happy faces in the morning is great.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Both for me really. Morning and bedtime are the only two times of the day Wilson will really let you cuddle on him. Any other time it's on his on terms.

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I love the wigglying butt and tail whenever he sees me for the first time in a while. Whether this is in the morning or when I come home from work I love it the same! And no biting in the morning?? That would be amazing! Rumble has some mornings where he is all loveable and will lay on my lap and go back to sleep but then other times watch out. It is like jaws woke up and Rumble stayed in the crate!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I think my favorite time of the day is after they eat dinner. They all get so playful and silly, its really fun playing with them when they get like that! But I do love their night time snuggles before bed!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yes I would have to say that both getting up .. and going to bed are both my favorite things!! More bully kisses in the morning, and sleep bully cuddles at night!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The mornings are difficult for us. He sleeps in his crate in the kitchen, and if he wakes up before 6, he won't stop crying for us.
It's also hubby's time with Blue. He feeds him, plays with him and by the time I'm up, Blue's sleeping again.

The evenings are family time. Dinner and then tons of playing. We're hoping to exhaust the little piglet so he'll sleep until 6.. lol..

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I have to say both, some mornings he's cuddling and others he's my little lion. When I come home in the afternoon his little wiggle butt goes a mile a minute and we take our daily walk out back through the woods.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Otis is most definitely NOT a morning person. I hate mornings with him. I have to drag him out of bed to go outside. Then I have to drag him back out of bed to go eat. Then I have to drag him out of the shower so that I can get in there. He sits in the shower because he knows I'm eventually going to turn the water on and he thinks he'll get a bath. I spent half the morning dragging him around the house.

Nighttime is all about him and Athena tearing the house apart playing. But bedtime is when my ut-oh turns into my cuddly, huggable sweetheart :heart:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Mine has to be when I get home from work in the evenings. Ellie will be waiting at the top of the stairs with her chest and head on the floor, butt as far in the air as it will go and wiggling back and forth until I get about 3 steps from the top. Then she tips over with a thud and is spread eagle waiting for her belly rubs.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I can't pick each has its special moments ... Molly cuddles with me each and every time I sit down, she jumps up on my lap and lays up against me normally with her head on my shoulder and she sleeps snuggled right up against me all night long but when it comes to Diesel my little mr. independent dog, he doesn't like to be held at all so he will lay next to me but prefers to be on the floor, close enough that he can touch me with his paw but not being cuddled until its time to go to bed then he will jump up on my bed and wait for me to come in the bedroom (he barks at me if I take too long) and does his wiggle butt dance and he lets me cuddle with him and that's when he gives all his kisses and snuggles, sometimes he sleeps on the bed next to me but most times after he has had his share of kisses and cuddles he jumps down and gets in his own bed to sleep then in the morning he has started a new ritual which I completely adore, if he slept in the bed with me he will wake up and stand next to me with his head resting on my face so sweet and gentle when I open my eyes he gives me kisses and if I don't get up he will put his head up against mine and push at me, its too funny always starts my morning with a giggle. So far that has been the best alarm ever!!!!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I get to see him in the mornings when I let him out of his crate, but I rarely get to tuck him in to bed at night. My husband usually does that part. However, coming home from work every day my husband will bring Winston out to see Mama, and I absolutely love it when he flattens his ears, trots towards me, and wiggles his little butt like it's going to fall off. So cute! And then he gets lots of scratches and huggles and kisses. :)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
you would think after being in his crate all night Ace would be instantly ready to go out and potty, but he takes his sweet time. Slowly cllimbs out of the crate, then wiggles and can't get enough hugs and then crawls on his belly to the bedroom door then waits for more hugging, then goes to the sliding door and sits and won't go out till I do. Back in and wiggling and wanting more attention. When I get home in the evenings its like he hasn't seen me in a month. So excited and craving attention and rubbing. At night before crate time he is hell on wheels but when he finally gives out, if he does, when he gets in his crate he is asleep and snoring in just a few minutes. And the snoring at night changes depth and tone, It woke me up in the wee hours this morning and I lay there wondering when it would change, in a few minutes he moved and was snooring but quieter and I could get back to sleep

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm the same, I enjoy both, although when I have to work, our morning ritual is different than when I'm home. When I am working, the morning is a quicker trip out for duties, and then back inside, as I have to jump in the shower and get ready for work, I leave at 7:30 am, but thankfully I only work 3 days a week, so I am home from Friday to Monday. Our mornings on my at home days are much nicer, we go out for our duties, then come back , they eat breakfast, and then play together, until they get tired then I get my cuddles. In the evenings, they either lay on the couch beside me, or on the floor in front of my feet. Love my cuddle times.

Members online