Thread: Great job to our EBN members! Thank you!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Great job to our EBN members! Thank you!

Currently to date the Bulldogs with Special Needs Fundraiser has raised over $600+ and we are over halfway to our goal! The chipin ends on the 14th of February so there is still time to donate and get your chance at many fabulous gifts including Lou's Doggie Boutique Hoodies, English Bulldog News Calendars and of course the amazing HRH Custom Fleeces!

Follow this link to learn more about the Special Event: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ial-needs.html

I have had the honor to be a part of this group and personally helped save Lily (aka Puddin') and been involved with the awesome unity of this group, as well as @lexterwayne who just recently picked up and saved AnnaBelle, @JeannieCO who is going to help transport, and of course the creator of the group and Chevy Cheese's mommy (my baby boy) @PBentz2 gave me the knowledge and support I needed to raise my boy Chevy when I thought I could never figure out how to put a diaper on him. This has been one of the most special things I have ever been involved in, because the unity of the group and the support they have is so very much like English Bulldog News. These babies were considered not having a quality of life because they are different, require more daily care, and are more prone to issues. However, if you ever met a special needs bully, they have an amazing will to live. Those of you that know our little Chevy Cheese, I don't think I have ever met a spunkier bulldog in my life! This group helps new parents cope with the stress and education of how to care for special needs bulldogs.

Last but not least, here is a note from Bulldogs with Special Needs:

Dear Friends,
    It brings me such great pleasure to let you know Bulldogs with Special Needs has recently been instrumental in making arrangements for forever homes for these three babies. Finding exceptional homes for a special need bulldog is only the beginning. Most often, these babies need medical care and equipment. Your donations help make this possible. Two of these babies will undergo surgery for cherry eye repair. The full extent of all three of their needs has yet to be determined. Please know that when you give; you give to help provide much needed care for Bulldogs with Special Needs. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

Here is the three bulldogs who have just been saved in the past two weeks:
    -397559_536916822993297_103761576_n-jpg-487971_507909099253013_728488465_n-jpg-579677_507909342586322_1142053699_n-jpg
    Last edited by bullmama; 02-06-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Great job to our EBN members! Thank you!

God Bless all the special bullies. All our bullies are special, especially to us, and our babies are so lucky to have the love and lives they do with us. If we all pitch in a little, we can make a difference to a special bully in need.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bike riding, bully loving soldier Become a 4 Paw Member PapaSmurf2's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rob McKinnell
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

They give so much to us, how could you not give a little back to them?
    It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that have died (in battle). Rather we should thank God that such men have lived.

George S. Patton

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I'm in and will get up with you later, thank you for letting us know about these
    amazing babies and GOD bless their adopters...amazing love, dedication and
    hard work. Much love, Carol

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

It touches my heart to be able to help the special need bullies. Not only am I looking forward to meeting Kendall (@lexterwayne) and hopefully Lex, I'll get to spend a wonderful drive home with Annabelle while we give her as much love as we can during her ride to her forever home here in Denver with her new mama Heather.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I love this group and so happy my family and I had the opportunity to bring in Annabelle. The girls have had a blast with her the last week and I know they will be sad to see her go. I sat down with them today and they were asking questions about Annabelle's forever home. So we went through heathers fb pics and showed them her pebbles and her bam who also has spina bifida. They are happy to see she will be taking care of her. I am ready to meet @JeannieCO she is such a awesome person for volunteering her sat to come pick Annabelle up
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

Special needs pets have quite special personalities, too! I am glad I was able to help out, even if it was just a little bit.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Great work .... love that we can help those sweet babies!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

What a great day all the way around - left at 5:30 am and was back by 2:30 with no real mishaps. Kendell and I met up in Springfield, CO right on time. I think she got there just 3 miles before I did. Annabelle is just a sweetheart. After chatting with Kendall for a bit we packed up Annabelle into my car and headed home for her to meet her new mom and forever home. Annabelle traveled pretty dang well but she did NOT like the passing trucks on the two lane highway and let it be known. It was her first real car right from Kendall's home in Abilene to to my home in Denver. I've never really met a special needs bully before, let alone a spina bifida one. Poor thing's bum was so sore and raw and her lady tid bit was just as equally raw and sore. Her new Mom (Heather will be fixing her right up). I did get pooped on and peed on when I was changing her diaper in my car, lol. I understand that Annabelle will take a bit to adjust to him new Mom's home and her bullies but I'm confident she will just fine with time. Here's a few pictures of Annabelle's day.

Kendall and Annabelle

Kendall and I

Annabell all comfy

Resting her head

Annabelle preferred to sit on my lap

Annabelle christened my car today....a remnance of her snot, lol

Heather and Annabelle meet

Kendall, It was so wonderful to meet you! Lex will always and forever be my man now. I sure enjoyed his bully kisses.

@lexterwayne

Please please if you can spare $5 these special needs bullies really need your support.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 02-09-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracy Edwards Thompson
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
    Likes (Received)

What lovely pictures! I'm so happy for Miss Annabelle, and jealous as well! I would love to take a trip to Colorado, but I think I'll wait a few months for Winter to blow away.

Thank you BOTH for all you've done for this little girl. She deserves a chance for a happy life as much as any other doggie out there. I know she will find it.

Proud Mother of Winston Biscuit since October 30, 2010.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad I saw this and caught up with the efforts!

Annabelle's ears are to die for! She's adorable. Godspeed in healing your sore bum. From the pictures, I can see that your heart is already on the mend...

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    What a great day all the way around - left at 5:30 am and was back by 2:30 with no real mishaps. Kendell and I met up in Springfield, CO right on time. I think she got there just 3 miles before I did. Annabelle is just a sweetheart. After chatting with Kendall for a bit we packed up Annabelle into my car and headed home for her to meet her new mom and forever home. Annabelle traveled pretty dang well but she did NOT like the passing trucks on the two lane highway and let it be known. It was her first real car right from Kendall's home in Abilene to to my home in Denver. I've never really met a special needs bully before, let alone a spina bifida one. Poor thing's bum was so sore and raw and her lady tid bit was just as equally raw and sore. Her new Mom (Heather will be fixing her right up). I did get pooped on and peed on when I was changing her diaper in my car, lol. I understand that Annabelle will take a bit to adjust to him new Mom's home and her bullies but I'm confident she will just fine with time. Here's a few pictures of Annabelle's day.

Kendall and Annabelle

Kendall and I

Annabell all comfy

Resting her head

Annabelle preferred to sit on my lap

Annabelle christened my car today....a remnance of her snot, lol

Heather and Annabelle meet

Kendall, It was so wonderful to meet you! Lex will always and forever be my man now. I sure enjoyed his bully kisses.

@lexterwayne

Please please if you can spare $5 these special needs bullies really need your support.
    It was great to finally meet you! And yes lex is all urs except u might have to fight him w David's wife Bev! Lol
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Remove Ads