Great job to our EBN members! Thank you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Currently to date the Bulldogs with Special Needs Fundraiser has raised over $600+ and we are over halfway to our goal! The chipin ends on the 14th of February so there is still time to donate and get your chance at many fabulous gifts including Lou's Doggie Boutique Hoodies, English Bulldog News Calendars and of course the amazing HRH Custom Fleeces!

Follow this link to learn more about the Special Event: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...y-2013-fundraiser-bulldogs-special-needs.html

I have had the honor to be a part of this group and personally helped save Lily (aka Puddin') and been involved with the awesome unity of this group, as well as [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] who just recently picked up and saved AnnaBelle, [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] who is going to help transport, and of course the creator of the group and Chevy Cheese's mommy (my baby boy) [MENTION=7925]PBentz2[/MENTION] gave me the knowledge and support I needed to raise my boy Chevy when I thought I could never figure out how to put a diaper on him. This has been one of the most special things I have ever been involved in, because the unity of the group and the support they have is so very much like English Bulldog News. These babies were considered not having a quality of life because they are different, require more daily care, and are more prone to issues. However, if you ever met a special needs bully, they have an amazing will to live. Those of you that know our little Chevy Cheese, I don't think I have ever met a spunkier bulldog in my life! This group helps new parents cope with the stress and education of how to care for special needs bulldogs.

Last but not least, here is a note from Bulldogs with Special Needs:

Dear Friends,
It brings me such great pleasure to let you know Bulldogs with Special Needs has recently been instrumental in making arrangements for forever homes for these three babies. Finding exceptional homes for a special need bulldog is only the beginning. Most often, these babies need medical care and equipment. Your donations help make this possible. Two of these babies will undergo surgery for cherry eye repair. The full extent of all three of their needs has yet to be determined. Please know that when you give; you give to help provide much needed care for Bulldogs with Special Needs. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

Here is the three bulldogs who have just been saved in the past two weeks:
397559_536916822993297_103761576_n.jpg487971_507909099253013_728488465_n.jpg579677_507909342586322_1142053699_n.jpg

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
God Bless all the special bullies. All our bullies are special, especially to us, and our babies are so lucky to have the love and lives they do with us. If we all pitch in a little, we can make a difference to a special bully in need.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm in and will get up with you later, thank you for letting us know about these
amazing babies and GOD bless their adopters...amazing love, dedication and
hard work. Much love, Carol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It touches my heart to be able to help the special need bullies. Not only am I looking forward to meeting Kendall (@lexterwayne) and hopefully Lex, I'll get to spend a wonderful drive home with Annabelle while we give her as much love as we can during her ride to her forever home here in Denver with her new mama Heather. :angelheart:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
I love this group and so happy my family and I had the opportunity to bring in Annabelle. The girls have had a blast with her the last week and I know they will be sad to see her go. I sat down with them today and they were asking questions about Annabelle's forever home. So we went through heathers fb pics and showed them her pebbles and her bam who also has spina bifida. They are happy to see she will be taking care of her. I am ready to meet [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] she is such a awesome person for volunteering her sat to come pick Annabelle up :)

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Special needs pets have quite special personalities, too! I am glad I was able to help out, even if it was just a little bit. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work .... love that we can help those sweet babies!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What a great day all the way around - left at 5:30 am and was back by 2:30 with no real mishaps. Kendell and I met up in Springfield, CO right on time. I think she got there just 3 miles before I did. Annabelle is just a sweetheart. After chatting with Kendall for a bit we packed up Annabelle into my car and headed home for her to meet her new mom and forever home. Annabelle traveled pretty dang well but she did NOT like the passing trucks on the two lane highway and let it be known. It was her first real car right from Kendall's home in Abilene to to my home in Denver. I've never really met a special needs bully before, let alone a spina bifida one. Poor thing's bum was so sore and raw and her lady tid bit was just as equally raw and sore. Her new Mom (Heather will be fixing her right up). I did get pooped on and peed on when I was changing her diaper in my car, lol. I understand that Annabelle will take a bit to adjust to him new Mom's home and her bullies but I'm confident she will just fine with time. Here's a few pictures of Annabelle's day.

Kendall and Annabelle
image-24_zps8adda1b5.jpg

Kendall and I
image-24_zpse3b6c863.jpg

Annabell all comfy
image-24_zps629be643.jpg

Resting her head
image-24_zpsd128a2ee.jpg

Annabelle preferred to sit on my lap
image-24_zps8c8a28f3.jpg

Annabelle christened my car today....a remnance of her snot, lol
image-24_zpsa0be9498.jpg

Heather and Annabelle meet :angelheart:
image-24_zpsf8bccd79.jpg

Kendall, It was so wonderful to meet you! :buddies: :hug: Lex will always and forever be my man now. I sure enjoyed his bully kisses.
:muah2:
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]

Please please if you can spare $5 these special needs bullies really need your support. :2thumbs:

Last edited:

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
What lovely pictures! I'm so happy for Miss Annabelle, and jealous as well! I would love to take a trip to Colorado, but I think I'll wait a few months for Winter to blow away. :)

Thank you BOTH for all you've done for this little girl. She deserves a chance for a happy life as much as any other doggie out there. I know she will find it. :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm glad I saw this and caught up with the efforts!

Annabelle's ears are to die for! She's adorable. Godspeed in healing your sore bum. From the pictures, I can see that your heart is already on the mend... :heart:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
What a great day all the way around - left at 5:30 am and was back by 2:30 with no real mishaps. Kendell and I met up in Springfield, CO right on time. I think she got there just 3 miles before I did. Annabelle is just a sweetheart. After chatting with Kendall for a bit we packed up Annabelle into my car and headed home for her to meet her new mom and forever home. Annabelle traveled pretty dang well but she did NOT like the passing trucks on the two lane highway and let it be known. It was her first real car right from Kendall's home in Abilene to to my home in Denver. I've never really met a special needs bully before, let alone a spina bifida one. Poor thing's bum was so sore and raw and her lady tid bit was just as equally raw and sore. Her new Mom (Heather will be fixing her right up). I did get pooped on and peed on when I was changing her diaper in my car, lol. I understand that Annabelle will take a bit to adjust to him new Mom's home and her bullies but I'm confident she will just fine with time. Here's a few pictures of Annabelle's day.

Kendall and Annabelle
image-24_zps8adda1b5.jpg

Kendall and I
image-24_zpse3b6c863.jpg

Annabell all comfy
image-24_zps629be643.jpg

Resting her head
image-24_zpsd128a2ee.jpg

Annabelle preferred to sit on my lap
image-24_zps8c8a28f3.jpg

Annabelle christened my car today....a remnance of her snot, lol
image-24_zpsa0be9498.jpg

Heather and Annabelle meet :angelheart:
image-24_zpsf8bccd79.jpg

Kendall, It was so wonderful to meet you! :buddies: :hug: Lex will always and forever be my man now. I sure enjoyed his bully kisses.
:muah2:
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]

Please please if you can spare $5 these special needs bullies really need your support. :2thumbs:

It was great to finally meet you! And yes lex is all urs ;) except u might have to fight him w David's wife Bev! Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.