Not good with kids or anyone really.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Some very, very good advice posted here. Hopefully he will outgrow it, Vegas did. kind of a funny story...a little over 3 years ago I quit my job and was looking for a new one, Vegas was about 8 months old. I got called for an interview and the night before while playing with Vegas he lunged and bit my nose hard, it drew blood!!! I had to go to my first interview with a very red and teeth marked nose the next day. One boss interviewed me and wanted me to come back the next day for the other boss to interview me, by then I had 3 large scabs on my nose. I was so :ashamed: that I actually told my boss that I had a pup and he got my nose. I got the job working with the public, and started with scabs all over my nose.!! Hang in there, he is young This to shall pass!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Some very, very good advice posted here. Hopefully he will outgrow it, Vegas did. kind of a funny story...a little over 3 years ago I quit my job and was looking for a new one, Vegas was about 8 months old. I got called for an interview and the night before while playing with Vegas he lunged and bit my nose hard, it drew blood!!! I had to go to my first interview with a very red and teeth marked nose the next day. One boss interviewed me and wanted me to come back the next day for the other boss to interview me, by then I had 3 large scabs on my nose. I was so :ashamed: that I actually told my boss that I had a pup and he got my nose. I got the job working with the public, and started with scabs all over my nose.!! Hang in there, he is young This to shall pass!!!

That's my nose!! Otis and I were playing one time, he got rough (as usual) and jumped on my head. He landed right on my face, claws and all... tore a chunk of out the tip of my nose so deep I thought I needed stitches to close it. I didn't need stitches (thank God) but to this day I have a scar about half an inch long on the tip of my nose. Memories of rougher days with my ut-oh.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I have no additional advice for you, as what others have already said is very good! The best thing you can do is just try your hardest to remain calm and patient when he is having his panic attacks. He has scared you and hurt you, but remember that you are his Mama and he is your puppy, and that is just the way things should be!

I wish you the best of luck with Remi, and hope that in a month or two he will settle down. Having him neutered might have been the best thing for him, although if his panic attacks are symptoms of something else, it might yet be another condition the vet can help with. Discuss it with your trainer as well- S/he is part of your situation where I am not.

Hugs and love and prayers to you and your whole family, two legged and four.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh how these bullies can be rough and tough. I wish I could offer more advice but I think it's all been offered up. He's just a pup still and will probably outgrow some of it but he does need to know now what's acceptable and what is not. Bulldogs are a very strong breed and they're not, generally speaking, this docile couch potato dogs people think they are. Hang in there with Remi, he'll come around with lots of structure, some need that more than others.

:hug:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
A lot of mixed messages here. Another way to do the submissive thing is to gently roll him on his side, with his legs pointing away from you, and gently put your open hands on his shoulder and hip. He will probably lay there and submit right away. If he is submitting he will be looking away. Try this for short periods with the time getting longer with each time. He will most likely not be upset by you doing this. He will be happier when he understands you are the pack leader and there are limits as to what he can do. The hard part is telling the difference between puppy play and and older puppy seeking dominance. Rudy, at over 18 months, will occasionally try to become the pack leader. Most of the time he is, as the wife says, the cutest dog in the world.

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
It's not mixed messages, it's different methods. That's what makes this forum great, listening & learning which method might work for your bully baby. :)

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Hackles????? Lmao they r so funny, r his hackles ever up when he plays or gets excited???? I notice with porky when she gets super dooper crazy excited running around rocket bulldog ish her hackles r always up n it tells me something is going to be broken or someone's gunna get hurt!!!!!!! They r soooooo strong n so compact they really don't know their own strength :( I've been with u though I locked myself in my bathroom n made my fiancé come home from work to get her bcuz she bite my lip n tore it open :(!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
When my Gunnyboy was young he was like that. I thought I made a mistake buying him. He would bite and nip,
he would make life for my other dogs a nightmare. Over time he became more gentle and loving and all that nasty stuff was gone. He turned out to be my best friend
and I loved him so much, there could never be another dog like him. We did everything together and were never apart. Hes gone now and I miss him so much. Dont give up on your boy
when he does bad things just walk away and dont make a fuss over it. Thats what I did with my Gunnyboy. Keep trying and I know he will become your best friend for life.
Were a different and so are dogs. Their like people, some kids are well behaved while others are hard to control. just love him and let him know your his friend and you will never give up on him. Good Luck

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca does the same thing with my girlfriend. He attacks her, biting an nawing at her constantly. Not super violent. Just challenging her for her position in the pack. He doesn't do it with me because I established my as alpha. (At least that's what the trainer said)
time outs in the crate or penn or a room away from any human contact should teach Remi that it is not acceptable behavior. Shaking the change jar or can can usually scare em a little or take their attention off you.
My vet told me nuetering doesn't effect then like that. Apparently a jerk with no testicles is still a jerk :).
Dont get discouraged. Keep up dominance over Remi. He'll figure it out soon enough.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Just want to send you a hug. Raven is rambunctious and has kind of head butted me once. I solely blame that on my husband. He has his way of rough housing and kind of plays head butting with her. She went to do it with me the other night and I stopped her and put her in time out. I told my husband he had to stop playing like that with her because we have young nieces and nephews that come over, Raven is a total crackpot when she gets people to play with. I had to make him realize she will think it was acceptable to play like that with everyone since she does it with her daddy. So they are both in time out. Hope your situation resolves itself. Don't give up. I don't think your baby means to hurt you. They get so excited and really don't understand their strength.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Nigel has lunged at my face like that when he was younger...and I took it as he was hungry and sure enough I gave him food and he ate it. He and Karly can get over excited and playful and they'll nip at me and I can't help but yell and laugh that they think I'm playing with them. I have to say no and calm them down and remind them that's not acceptable you don't bite mommy! Be patient and don't be afraid he's your baby you have to teach him...he's still young he will learn and so will you. good luck!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I think submitting is a good idea. My male bullmastiff had to be knocked on his arse a few times to learn that he wasn't the alpha of our family. I doubt these bulldogs realize how big they are. I would definitely keep him off furniture and on the floor. Don't let him think you are "lower" than he is.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's not mixed messages, it's different methods. That's what makes this forum great, listening & learning which method might work for your bully baby. :)

Very well said .. :bravo:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I'm late as usual to the party. I have a bit of a problem with Jack if you ever read some of the posts about him, you'll know I have a real problem. But he's mine, I saved him and we love him. He turned 8 in Sept. he's a large american/english mix He has panic aggression the worst kind of aggression I know of. . .

What a lucky dog Jack is to have found you, Sherry. Heaven only knows that that poor soul has lived through to be the way he is. My daughter used to have a pittie with severe anxiety. She found that Rescue Remedy drops in her little terror's water worked wonders for her. I don't know if you've heard of it, or even if it would help, but you can get it at good health food stores. There are several forms of the stuff but you'd want to get the drops for dogs.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
What a lucky dog Jack is to have found you, Sherry. Heaven only knows that that poor soul has lived through to be the way he is. My daughter used to have a pittie with severe anxiety. She found that Rescue Remedy drops in her little terror's water worked wonders for her. I don't know if you've heard of it, or even if it would help, but you can get it at good health food stores. There are several forms of the stuff but you'd want to get the drops for dogs.

Thanks, I'll be checking into that stuff.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.