Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Not good with kids or anyone really.

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Hackles????? Lmao they r so funny, r his hackles ever up when he plays or gets excited???? I notice with porky when she gets super dooper crazy excited running around rocket bulldog ish her hackles r always up n it tells me something is going to be broken or someone's gunna get hurt!!!!!!! They r soooooo strong n so compact they really don't know their own strength I've been with u though I locked myself in my bathroom n made my fiancé come home from work to get her bcuz she bite my lip n tore it open !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Not good with kids or anyone really.

When my Gunnyboy was young he was like that. I thought I made a mistake buying him. He would bite and nip,
    he would make life for my other dogs a nightmare. Over time he became more gentle and loving and all that nasty stuff was gone. He turned out to be my best friend
    and I loved him so much, there could never be another dog like him. We did everything together and were never apart. Hes gone now and I miss him so much. Dont give up on your boy
    when he does bad things just walk away and dont make a fuss over it. Thats what I did with my Gunnyboy. Keep trying and I know he will become your best friend for life.
    Were a different and so are dogs. Their like people, some kids are well behaved while others are hard to control. just love him and let him know your his friend and you will never give up on him. Good Luck

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

Luca does the same thing with my girlfriend. He attacks her, biting an nawing at her constantly. Not super violent. Just challenging her for her position in the pack. He doesn't do it with me because I established my as alpha. (At least that's what the trainer said)
    time outs in the crate or penn or a room away from any human contact should teach Remi that it is not acceptable behavior. Shaking the change jar or can can usually scare em a little or take their attention off you.
    My vet told me nuetering doesn't effect then like that. Apparently a jerk with no testicles is still a jerk .
    Dont get discouraged. Keep up dominance over Remi. He'll figure it out soon enough.

If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

Just want to send you a hug. Raven is rambunctious and has kind of head butted me once. I solely blame that on my husband. He has his way of rough housing and kind of plays head butting with her. She went to do it with me the other night and I stopped her and put her in time out. I told my husband he had to stop playing like that with her because we have young nieces and nephews that come over, Raven is a total crackpot when she gets people to play with. I had to make him realize she will think it was acceptable to play like that with everyone since she does it with her daddy. So they are both in time out. Hope your situation resolves itself. Don't give up. I don't think your baby means to hurt you. They get so excited and really don't understand their strength.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Nigel has lunged at my face like that when he was younger...and I took it as he was hungry and sure enough I gave him food and he ate it. He and Karly can get over excited and playful and they'll nip at me and I can't help but yell and laugh that they think I'm playing with them. I have to say no and calm them down and remind them that's not acceptable you don't bite mommy! Be patient and don't be afraid he's your baby you have to teach him...he's still young he will learn and so will you. good luck!

Cheerio mates!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think submitting is a good idea. My male bullmastiff had to be knocked on his arse a few times to learn that he wasn't the alpha of our family. I doubt these bulldogs realize how big they are. I would definitely keep him off furniture and on the floor. Don't let him think you are "lower" than he is.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu belle View Post
    It's not mixed messages, it's different methods. That's what makes this forum great, listening & learning which method might work for your bully baby.
    Very well said ..

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I'm late as usual to the party. I have a bit of a problem with Jack if you ever read some of the posts about him, you'll know I have a real problem. But he's mine, I saved him and we love him. He turned 8 in Sept. he's a large american/english mix He has panic aggression the worst kind of aggression I know of. . .
    What a lucky dog Jack is to have found you, Sherry. Heaven only knows that that poor soul has lived through to be the way he is. My daughter used to have a pittie with severe anxiety. She found that Rescue Remedy drops in her little terror's water worked wonders for her. I don't know if you've heard of it, or even if it would help, but you can get it at good health food stores. There are several forms of the stuff but you'd want to get the drops for dogs.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRN View Post
    What a lucky dog Jack is to have found you, Sherry. Heaven only knows that that poor soul has lived through to be the way he is. My daughter used to have a pittie with severe anxiety. She found that Rescue Remedy drops in her little terror's water worked wonders for her. I don't know if you've heard of it, or even if it would help, but you can get it at good health food stores. There are several forms of the stuff but you'd want to get the drops for dogs.

Thanks, I'll be checking into that stuff.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads