starting to get worried

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
We are supposed to meet our new puppy tomorrow. We made arrangements over the phone monday for us to drive the 3 hours to see him. We decided to just drive up and get a hotel today. ( we had reward points) I have been in contact with the breeder via phone and email up until yesterday. In our previous conversations she stated he was mine if I wanted him and gave me no inclination of anything different. I emailed her yesterday with no response. I called her a few hours ago no answer. She knew we were coming....what do I do at this point I am worried and almost devastated. Am I over reacting?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hopefully they have just been super busy and haven't checked e-mail and missed your call. Fingers crossed for you! :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree , hopefully they haven't been home, and they'll be there at your appointed time tomorrow. Do you have the address of the breeder? If he's, then maybe drive by and see if anyone is home, see if the car is in the Driveway. Did you see the puppy in person yet, or has it all been over the phone and e - mails? Did you give any deposit for the puppy? I hope and pray everything goes well for you tomorrow, and the people are just busy or not home. Hoping you get your baby tomorrow as expected and all goes well. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed, and sending prayers your way. Keep us posted and Good Luck.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
SIGH..., I'd be a mess too, but breathe, Jen -- as others have said, maybe they are busy with other puppy pick ups and will get back to you tonight.

BEST OF LUCK.... keep us posted

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'd be quite nervous myself. A little overreacting, just a wittle bit to be devastated, but in a good way. :hug: I'd also try to keep in mind that something could have happened and they just haven't been able to call you back. If you have their address and since the knew you were coming, I would just show up. It won't be like you're surprising them. :idea:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Thanks everyone she just called back an apologized. She said they had been crazy busy which I understand. Nothi g has changed I get to meet him tomorrow. i will not be bringing home yet. I want time to rhink about with with no pressure and she wants me to.do the same. Actually shw requires at least 1 visit without taking him home. I guess i just sometimes expect the worst :/ anyhow Ill post picks tomorrow:) yay hope i can sleep tonight.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
YAHH! :2thumbs: Enjoy your visit tomorrow and can't wait to see more pictures. I love the fact that she requires at least 1 visit.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Glad you get to meet your baby tomorrow!! I would have over reacted a bit too.... (Which isn't a bad thing to be proactive when you have bullies). That's good hat she requires a visit before taking your baby home, shows she cares that they're going to good homes. I bet she's a "gut feeling" kinda gal and she's not gonna send her babies home with anyone she has a bad feeling about.

Pictures!!!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.