Outside Dog...

Coach

Dec 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel
Is your bully an outside dog? Herschel has started to sit at the door and whine, bark, scratch, ETC so that he can be outside. Not just a bathroom call either. He just goes out there and lays...

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Ike loves the outside! he loves to go lay in the sun. Now when its dark and cold, he runs out does his business and wants right back in!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My guess is ours won't go out without us. She was a rescue who was locked outside when she became dog aggressive and they weren't going to breed her any more. She has to be with us all the time. We'll see how she does in the summer when we spend more time outside.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is an indoor Princess! She hates outside and all the Boogey men out there. Hates wind, snow. sunshine and breezes through the window even.

But I hear more about others that love to be out like Hershel does. You just have to be careful if the temps are too high or too low if they insist on being out a lot.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber loves sunshine and digging. She is the master gardener and will give anything to get to the garden without human intervention. She loves the outdoors but we always have her in our sights because she likes the garden hoses too. Outside of being a great gardener, she also likes the Kio pond a little too much and doesn't think the hose has enough of a hole in it to satisfy her so she will put new holes in any and all garden hoses if given the chance. Yes, she loves the outside.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh mine LOVE to sunbathe. If it is nice and sunny they will go out for an hour or so here and there and just take it in. This time of year it is safe to allow it mostly which is good. Once it warms up more then it is a no no of course.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles has turned into a real couch potato since becoming an only dog. He does really enjoy being outside, especially our daily walks! 2 more days and Ruggles won't be an only dog anymore!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble is just starting to really enjoy going outside and sitting. This is a great time for him to do so since we have been having 60 degree weather lately. I know this picture is so not flattering for him but I love it anyways so here he is outside sunning himself over the weekend.
525453_782885020321_1067864903_n.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours love to sun, and when it is cool we let them sun for a little while, but when it's hot out, no way Jose.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola loves being outside to play but once she has had her fill of the sun she wants back inside and it doesnt take her long. Her favorite is to lay on the couch or floor where the sun shines in and she likes that a lot better than being outside.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace loves the outside but prefers it when I am out there with him. He will spend some time out there on his own but will come back to the door wanting in. But if Im out there he would stay all day. If I am out there with him and he is enjoying himself he is fine but when I come in it wont be long and he will be at the glass sliding door sitting until we let him back in if he sits too long he will start whining until we let hiim back in. When I let him out of his crate first thing in the morning for his morning potty time he takes his sweet time getting to the door. He comes out of his crate then lays down and crawls on his belly for a bit then he will walk to the bedroom door and stretch and crawl on his belly some more then he will go to the glass sliding door and sit and wait until I go out first and then follow and sit by the door then I have to walk to the yard and he will follow and pee. Then he comes back on the patio walks a a few steps then trots back to the grass and does his #2. Then he is ready to come back in and have breakfast. Then after breakfast he gets rowdy as all get out and wants to tussle, chew, and begs for more attention. I love this dog!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
He gets somewhat rowdy at lunch time after he is let out and has some food. I work out of town so either my wife or son let's him out and feeds. But when I get home after work after he has pottied and eaten all hell breaks loose. He is off the chain with rowdyness whether inside or out he has to get the razor age off. I wish I were in the situation where I could spend more time with him during the work week and work him outside to get the edge off because until he does you can forget about any sort of obedience training. Except sitting for food, he will do that any time of day. It can be a treat or just his regular kebble it doesn't matter he will sit on command and eat one piece at the time over and over and over again.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Its 8:26 pm here in North Florida and Ace has gotten some of his edge off and is sleeping under my desk while I am typing this. But there is a better than average bet that when he wakes he will be all out and granny get your gun until I put him in the crate for the night. Now I know where the saying " A bull in a china shop" comes from. Its not bovines but bulldogs.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Lol too funny!! "Bull in a china shoppe" was DEFINITELY for our bully babies n not the bovines! Dexter runs head first into whatever, whenever. He'll lay around for a bit, then it's like he gets a burst of energy from nowhere and he's up n at em!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Diesel, Molly & Ally all 3 love to play outside but Diesel "has to have his daily dose of Vitamin D" he loves to sit in the sun!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.