Outside Dog...

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace does the same, he will run head or chest first into practically anything and appears to be really enjoying it. Especially the bottom of the couch when really full tilt will run under a recliner an our bed and out the other side now he is getting a bit to big to get his head under either. I had several rifles and a shotgun under the bed each in their own rifle sock and he was pulling them all out so I had to move them. He found some heavy hands [a pair of dumbbells used when power walking or running] and he would pick one of those up and run with them. Last night I was feeding kibble one at a time to Ace and the maltese on the sit command side by side in an effort to have them close together but without Ace being preoccupied with Gabe. When I went to get another handful he ran jumped on the couch and then when I called to resume the training he ran full blast into my closed fist containing the kibble and was knocked over but didn't miss a beat. These bulldogs LOVE to play rough. I'm doing my darndest to get the two dogs to socialize together but Ace is just to rough for the maltese, he doesn't mean any ill intent it is all play but the maltese just can't play that rough. I wish someone close by who has a bully could come over in my fenced in area and play with Ace. He needs some rough house play where both dogs enjoy it and neither is in danger of being injured

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is like this.... she does not 'verbally' ask to go out, but once she is out there... it is tough getting her back in especially if she wants to sun-bathe

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Olive loves being outdoors especially in the snow! Oscar likes it but not as much. Sometimes when we go play in our back area in the woods he runs and stands on the front porch to say: "Im done and ready to go indoors now."

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
When it's below freezing and snow on the ground ... as it is in NE Ohio right now .... Bella spends as little time outside as possible. Daddy and Linus will run around for a small amount and then come straight back in.

Now as soon as it gets warmer the three of them would sunbathe the whole day if they could. Of course, as soon as it gets too hot they are allowed out to pee and poop only then I drag their little hairy bully buts into the air conditioning. But they don't like it!!!! :down:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stiggy and Punkin are complete opposites. During the warmer months, Stig can spend all day outside (as long as it's not too hot :)) and Punkin runs back in right after he does his business. Now in the winter months, you'd need to call Punkin 100 times and bribe him with food to come in. When there's snow on the ground, g'luck, because his face will be on the ground eating them. He's such a winter baby. We'd need to push Stiggy out sometimes when there's snowflakes falling. He can be such a drama king. :rolleyes:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank went through a phase where he wanted to be outside a lot. Especially on sunny days...he would want to just go lie out on the patio. Now that phase is gone and he doesn't even want to get up in the morning to go potty! LOL

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
When it's warm & sunny Max likes to sunbathe. Cold & cloudy he's a couch potato.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.