How to relocate English Bulldogs?

jennis2613

Jan 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba,Mimi, Arie, Stella and Chloe
I am looking for some help here. My wife and I will be relocating within the next six months from New Jersey to Nevada. We have five adult Bullies that we will be bringing with us. I really want to fly them, as I can not handle the drive due to health issues, but it seems that there is an embargo (year round) on adult English Bulldogs when I checked Pet Safe (United's pet transportation).
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I knew of the ban on bullies flying on planes. It's because of the breathing issues.

I know there are some services where they will transport dogs for you. @kimntheguys used something like this for Remi.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
They really need to be driven - can your wife drive them with a family member riding shotgun ?

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
No sure of how it works or the cost involved, but there are places like petjets. again I have not looked into them much at all.

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
I recently looked into this and no commercial airlines will fly bulldogs. Delta used to but had several bullies die and so now don't allow it. Petsafe is only for very young bully puppies. If no one in the family can transport them, I think you will need to hire a ground pet transportation company. Good Luck

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I actually think Continental will. I hear they're the only commercial airline that does. I could be wrong but it's worth a look. Good luck on your new move, I love Nevada and the desert. Being from NJ myself, it's definitely a change...lol

Wayne

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] knows of transport maybe? I would think hiring a transport vehicle would be your best bet if you couldn't do it yourself. 5 bullies, wow. That is tough. :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would never ever fly a bully unless it goes in the cabin with you and airlines will only allow pups under 25 lbs. in the cabin. I know a good transport company that will transport them for you. Just let me know if you want their number.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I would also hire a ground transport if you can't drive them. I would never fly any dog. Too many variables involved that can mean the death of one or more of your animals. I friend flew her bullmastiff (who was #1 dog in the country) to a national specialty. They believe the crate was dropped, which resulted in a musculoskeletal injury, causing a pronounced limp in the dog. She was lucky. I watch the way the baggage handlers take care of my luggage. I'd never trust them with a dog.

OP
J

jennis2613

Jan 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba,Mimi, Arie, Stella and Chloe
I would never ever fly a bully unless it goes in the cabin with you and airlines will only allow pups under 25 lbs. in the cabin. I know a good transport company that will transport them for you. Just let me know if you want their number.

Davidh I would appreciate it very much if you could get me their number (you can PM it to me). Thanks!

Poplawski

Jan 30, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Oh it is so sad to hear about all the issues of bulldogs flying :(
My husband and I are also relocating soon with our bulldog from Wisconsin to Los Angeles. We are going to drive it with our bully. I wish you the best of luck with your relocation and trip!!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I was thinking about this..... there are rescues out there, that have drivers who basically have the set ups to drive all over, and I mean hundreds and hundreds of miles, with stops for the dogs etc. What I would do, is try to talk to some of the rescues, and maybe use one of their drivers / volunteers with their rigs? I mean, if they are willing to do it for the rescues, I'm sure they would do it for an individual (for a fee of course) maybe even a donation to the rescue? You can't be the 1st person who would need a service like this.

Try Google - "dog courier service" INVESTIGATE which ever one you might use

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yes, commercial airlines will not take an adult bully. Private airlines will. And there are private charters that fly only pets that are becoming popular with the snub-nosed dogs. The airplane is set-up for flying pets in the main cabin with the flight attendants caring for the pets. Pet Travel is one of these outfits but I can't tell you if they're any good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Seems you got some good info.... transport is best if you can not make the road trip yourself.

Good luck with everything

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.