Leaving my baby

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
At the end of march Chris and I are going to Washington DC for a long weekend. We have never ever left Atticus...anywhere! One of us is always there. Atticus gets car sick and it would be a very long ride from pawleys island. We live 8 hours from our family in WV so that wasn't really an option even though my mom did offer to drive, I feel guilty taking her up on it. To shorten the story we found a boarding place for Atty...we could've used our vet but they stay in the kennel for most of the day so that was a no go. Short of me trying to get Chris to use his job to background check these people out I've researched and got recommendations from several sources...I don't know if I'm allowed to put the name and don't want to recommend until I'm absolutely sure. She has several bullies regularly and owns one. The dogs have two pools, a yard, play equipment, their own room with water fountain and kuranda type bed...and a tv lounge area with couches....Atty went to daycare and she offered to take him home after the first night if he's not doing so well...part of me says answered prayer, the other part of me has the return policy on the air tickets saved on my phone... Please tell me I'm not crazy... Or that I am crazy but it's okay lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not crazy, many people do this. Fortunately I have never had to, I don't think I could personally. I am lucky enough tho to have 2 friends to go between when we need a house sitter. Do you have anyone you could trust to house sit? Sme p,aces have cameras so you can check in also, does this place? Think that would make it easier on me if I could see them all the time and KNOW they r safe.

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Yes they do and they face time! Unfortunately we don't live near anyone who I would trust to keep him. Our friends are relatively new and most don't have dogs. A few neighbors have offered but I'm kind of iffy since we don't know them very well...I'm a little afraid they won't give him back bc they try to buy him all the time...im paranoid I know...shameface

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'd be paranoid too .. do you have a family member that could make the trip and come and live in your house whilst you're away???

After saying that, the place you described does sound wonderful!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You are so NOT crazy.... I have gotten to 'if the bullies can't come with - then I ain't going'. The only exception I made was having my sister (she lives 15 mins away) stay at my house with our babies.

The daycare does sound great and knowing the owner is a bully owner does help to know they understand the breed.

Good luck.... and you are not alone ;)

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Well my mom lives 8 hours away and she did offer to come watch him... I just feel so guitly asking her to take her weekend and a long drive to come down for the weekend...we wouldn't see her at all really. I feel like my guilt over leaving my fat puppy will overcome the guilt from my mom lol...that's what kids do right? Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.