New addition to the family!!! SO unplanned!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
On Saturday afternoon we found out about some english bulldog puppies that had been rescued from a puppy mill. It's a puppy mill in Amish country, about an hour and a half drive from where we live. I sent an email to the rescue organisation not thinking I'd get anywhere at all, and now we've been told we've been accepted!!! :w00t:

So on Thursday we're going to drive and look at the little boy bullie, and as long as they think we are a good fit then we'll be driving home with him!! I'm in shock!! :eek: :up: :heart: :D

They've said we can take Maggie with us, which I think would be a nice idea because of all our dogs she is the princess of the household. So I feel that she should be present throughout the process.

At the moment they are feeding the puppy on Enhance Puppy food, which I can't find listed in the food rating list on here. Has anybody heard of Enhance puppy food?? Also, am I right in thinking that the FROMM salmon and veg 4* food is suitable for all ages. If so, I'd like to start to slowly introduce the FROMM to him.

WOW ... somebody pinch me .... I still can't believe this is happening!! :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
*pinch* I am sooo excited for you! And so happy you get to rescue a bully baby. Amazing. Simply Amazing!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
that bully boy is going to be so happy! it's great that you're rescuing a bully. I've never heard of that food before, but I'm sure someone on here has! we will be expecting pics asap of course!!!

Reggie

Jul 16, 2010
Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Bulldog(s) Names
REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
Oh goodie goodie another pup to cherish. Sorry for my ignorance I thought you only had Maggie so what other dogs do you have? I'm sure Maggie will be bowled over to have her own 'kind' - wonder if she'll go all maternal on the pup. Looking forward to updates and fingers/toes crossed the visit goes well for you(hug)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait till you get pictures. Do you have any idea what you are gonna name him? Lucky? Savior? I know you've got a good one picked out! [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Congrats!!! [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] i'll cross my fingers and toes for you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is so great. I am excited to see the pictures. I know Maggie will be fine and that little boy will have the best family and sister around!

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks for the good wishes everybody!! It is strange as I had already set my heart on rescuing english bulldogs, even if it meant fostering them first, but my husband really really wanted that little boy bullie puppy. I never thought we'd ever get an actual puppy as a rescue, so this is bringing both our wishes true!!!

[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] We really wanted a boy bully, and had already decided he was going to be called Daddy. However, we were driving up to Cleveland to see The Blue Man Group when we found out we'd been accepted so the name "Blue" is also a possibility. In the end we are going to be calling him Daddy Blue. Although now I keep asking my husband how we are supposed to call a 10-week old puppy Daddy ??? Doesn't seem to work :crazy:

[MENTION=879]Reggie[/MENTION] We have a house full of dogs - Maggie is just the Princess of the group! We brought two dogs and our cat with us from UK to USA almost 4 years ago. We have another dog we got when we first moved here, two rescue dogs, and finally Maggie ..... making a grand total of SIX. Soon to become SEVEN with our new baby.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
@%1;[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]@%1; whoa a house full! this is kinda random, but I just noticed you live in Medina, do you happen to know the Jewel family? My best friend married Bryce Jewel and he grew up in Medina and all of his family still live there!

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
@%1;[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]@%1; whoa a house full! this is kinda random, but I just noticed you live in Medina, do you happen to know the Jewel family? My best friend married Bryce Jewel and he grew up in Medina and all of his family still live there!

[MENTION=340]laurentourville[/MENTION] I've only been here for a few years, but my husband is american and grew up in Medina. I asked if he knew anybody with the last name Jewel but he couldn't remember anyone ... sorry!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Congrats!!! This is amazing. Can't wait to see photos. I've never heard of Enhanced but I believe Fromm 4* line is for all ages, i cleared it with my vet first before I changed Bear to the surf and turf. So excited for you!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online