cleaning toys?

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im thorough in cleaning meekos dishes and face to reduce bad bacteria and germs spreading .. And it has just occured to me i dont wash Meekos toys daily too even though he slobbers all over them (especially his kong toy) ... Am i supposed to wash them regularly too? Im a bad bully mumma :crying: :bang:

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Thank you for bringing this up. This is one if those things i think far more people don't think about it than do. the fact you've thought about it shows you're a GREAT bully Momma!!!! I usually rotate so that the toys get washed at least once a week. The rope toys go in the washing machine and the Kong toys go in the dishwasher (unless I stuff it, then it gets washed when she's finished with it.). I try to keep so not all her toys are being washed at the same time.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I'll wash Bacon's toys in the washing machine every so often, but not with any regularity. (I don't give him toys stuffed with food - so no issue there). He has so many that it may take days before he gets back to the same toy again. I use the same allergy sensitive detergent that I use for his bedding. I judge it on as as-needed basis based on the way my guy is with health. I'd say what seems logical to you.

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Yes, they say you should wash their toys regularly. I don't, when looks really gross I will throw it in the washer and dryer or dishwasher, depending on if it's fabric or plastic. But I suppose if you have problems with acne and yeast face then it would be a good thing to do. So, NO! YOUR NOT A BAD MAMMA!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Maybe run them thru the dishwasher or washer machine? Sad I never think too either. But the ones they use often don't last very long anyhow. :lol:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If they will go in the washing machine ... then in it goes.

We are without a dishwasher right now, but putting toys in there is a good idea. Right now I'm washing things on an as needed basis by hand I just use hot water and dish soap then make sure I give everything a real good rinse. Within seconds it's covered in slobber, mud from the back yard and bits of fluff ... so not sure why I bother ....:blink:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.