Eye Wash

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
What kind of sterile eye drops are good to use on your bulldogs? Is there a specific brand ? I am just wondering.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I use Baush & Lomb Gentle Sensitive Eyes Plus for a general flush. When Emma scratched her eye her vet had me use a gel drop. I bought Systane Gel Drop Lubricant Eye Gel and got it at Walgreen's I think. Probably can get it just about anywhere I imagine. That worked wonderfully.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I've been using this ointment on my bully. My cat scratched her eyelid. I've been giving her this ointment that I got from my vet. I took her to the vet today for a follow up and shots and the vet stated her eye looks way much and much better than before. I still see some redness at times. I will take some pics today and upload them so you guys can see it. She does not blink or it doesn't bug her. It was nothing big the vet stated. I look at other bullies around here I see some with WHITE BRIGHT EYES . lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use Referesh over the counter eye drops from the Drugstore, but you can use pretty much any over the counter brand, if its safe for our eyes then generally it's safe for dogs as well. I also have a prescription for an eye ointment from the vet when Blossom had her cherry eye surgeries in the summer. I use it once in a while if I see her eyes are a little red or irritated, but I've only used it a couple of times.

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
I use a all-in-one contact lense solution. It's inexpensive, sterile, and also moisturizing. Especially if we have been running around a dusty dog park or any real dirty activities, I flush their eyes out. It also does improve the whiteness of their eyes to flush out irritants. They are not big fans of mama putting drops in their eyes though.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I use a all-in-one contact lense solution. It's inexpensive, sterile, and also moisturizing. Especially if we have been running around a dusty dog park or any real dirty activities, I flush their eyes out. It also does improve the whiteness of their eyes to flush out irritants. They are not big fans of mama putting drops in their eyes though.

What brand exactly do you use? There is multiple all-in-one contact lense solution

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I have a bottle of Visine *Sterile Advanced -
?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will tag a couple of members for you... I know you can use human brands

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I use Baush & Lomb Gentle Sensitive Eyes Plus for a general flush. When Emma scratched her eye her vet had me use a gel drop. I bought Systane Gel Drop Lubricant Eye Gel and got it at Walgreen's I think. Probably can get it just about anywhere I imagine. That worked wonderfully.

This is great advice... I havent used anything and hopefully I dont have too :) Hope all goes well

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
[MENTION=7819]luis323[/MENTION] I use Opti-Free Replenish which is a moisturizing contact lense solution. The ingredients are the same as the eye drops but is far more economical to buy a bottle of lense solution. I am in Canada so not sure if the same brands are available to you. Don't use a solution meant to remove protein but an all in one rinse solution. A plain saline solution would also work for rinsing but won't moisturize the eye.

I hope little CoCo's eyes are better.

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I use refresh, I also use an ointment every night (puralube). He had a detached retina 2 years ago due to dry eyes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.