Con Artist

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Anyone else ever feel like their bulldog is a con artist? Rumble had me really worried Saturday morning when he started to limp a little with his left front paw. I called my husband asking if he noticed anything before he left for work and he said he didn't. I had a meeting so I put him in his kennel and told myself some rest will help him. When I got home he came out of his kennel and then started to limp again. I had plans to take him into a local pet store to get him some new treats so I decided to still take him after feeling his paw and shoulder and him not wincing in pain. As soon as I got his harness out it was like he was perfectly fine. He went to the pet store where the owner rubbed his belly and gave him some new treats they were trying out(the pet store is entirely grain free so I don't have to worry about most of the stuff there!). He left with a new swagger in his step thinking he was top dog.

Then Sunday morning came and he did the same thing for a little bit and then was back to normal when we showed him a toy. He started to run around the house and bounce around like nothing at all. So my question is do you think Rumble is a little con artist wanting attention or is there something wrong? We have both looked and cannot find anything in his paw and he does not flinch or wince at all when we touch his leg. Just about once a day, usually when we are not paying attention to him, he starts to limp a little bit but then if we go to him or give him a treat or a toy he is perfectly fine. Con artist or injured??
And for good measure one of my favorite pictures of Rumble and my husband. 20130124_205301.jpg

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
It seem to me that there might be something minor wrong with his paw. He might have stepped or jumped wrong and twisted it; but remember that bulldogs have such a high tolerance to pain. More than likely if he's doing something normal, he's going to limp a little bit but the minute an activity has his full attention and eagerness that limp is going to go away in favor of play!

I wouldn't worry too much. Give it a few days and try to keep him calm, then see if his limp disappears. It is time to worry when these little activity treats fail to excite him that you should really worry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Rumble?

Good LORD he is adorable!

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How old is Rumble?

Good LORD he is adorable!

He was born 10-2-12 so he is 4 months old and will be 18 weeks tomorrow. All these compliments go straight to his head! He is quite the large puppy though I am afraid. He weighed 34.6 pounds this weekend at the pet store. :blink:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He was born 10-2-12 so he is 4 months old and will be 18 weeks tomorrow. All these compliments go straight to his head! He is quite the large puppy though I am afraid. He weighed 34.6 pounds this weekend at the pet store. :blink:

I'm thinking it could be growing pains.... [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will do that from time to time as they grow, sometimes they may sleep on it wrong or slightly wrench a muscle when playing or just growing pains. As long as he doesn't limp all the time I would just watch it. Plus the pic of Rumble and your hubby is priceless. Looks like Rumble is telling your hubby all about it. :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

35LBS!!! OH my... he is going to be a very big boy

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
35LBS!!! OH my... he is going to be a very big boy

I know! We now only feed him 2 cups a day total also(the bag recommends 3 to 4 based on his age and weight!). He has a little pudgy puppy belly but the vet said he looks great and to not worry too much at this age. His dad was big also but I'm not sure how much he weighs. Here is a picture of his dad.RamboR1.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know! We now only feed him 2 cups a day total also(the bag recommends 3 to 4 based on his age and weight!). He has a little pudgy puppy belly but the vet said he looks great and to not worry too much at this age. His dad was big also but I'm not sure how much he weighs. Here is a picture of his dad.View attachment 36527

WOW... he is a very handsome bully.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
wow he looks fabulous. i would not think a bully would fake a limp. they are con artists though and very good at it. they will con you about anything from i dont understand the command "sit" to im starving mom and i need to eat "now". sarah is the biggest con artist out there. :2thumbs:

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It has been a little over a week since I posted this question and last night Rumble did it again. My hubby was playing with him in the living room floor and had Rumble running around chasing his toys. I was in the kitchen and I just happened to look up and see Rumble limping again on his left side and when he stopped to stand he did not put his left front paw down. I told my hubby and he stopped playing and felt his paw and had Rumble walk towards him so he could see. Rumble limped like this for a couple minutes and then he was just right back to running around and trying to playing with his toys even though at this point my hubby had stopped playing with him to try and get him to calm down. The rest of the night he did not limp at all. Rumble shows no signs of pain or anything when we touch his paw, leg, shoulder or anything. I am becoming quite concerned but am not sure if a vet will be helpful since he does not do this all the time or even once a day.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
that is so bizzare .... try to get it on video and bring it with you to the next vet visit

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.