Doggy day camp!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
So today is Spunkys first day at day camp lol. I'm watching her on the webcam and she's a loner...looks tired and bored...but there are about 7 or so dogs so well see...

Our goal is she won't be cooped up all day long and take her 1-2 times a week to get her more active...I'll let you know how it goes...she's too darn cute I miss her already!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sure she'll enjoy it. It's only her first day, she probably just has to get used to her new surroundings, and once she gets to know the staff and get comfortable with the new people and dogs, she will come around and start to play.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I hope so! Today she's just sitting in her little corner haha

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
I would love to hear how she does! We have though of taken Rumble to a doggie daycare now that he is old enough but are worried if we only take him there 1 day a week that the other long day he will be upset that he is not there. We are lucky enough that we are only away from him for a full day 2 days a week and the rest of the time my husband is with him in the mornings and I am there at night.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
We are both away 5 days a week for at least 8 hours it just breaks my heart having her in her cage that long!

This daycare is $22 for full day $17 for half (6 hours). Today is free because its her first day their seeing how she fits and comfort level so on...

Since we can't really afford to take her 5+ days a week were trying 1-2 and see how that goes (better then in her cage all day). I'm hoping she will be worn out so when we get home we can have time to bond/train/love on her instead of her biting at us to play alllll night lol. I'll keep you guys updated! So far, she's still being a loner hahaha

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Yes!! And they typically require spayed/neutered over 6 months of age.

As I'm watching spunky, she's splashing herself in the water bowl entertaining herself...I'm at work laughing because she's so funny!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is so cool.... I used to work at a dog daycare with the cams -- loads of fun, but a LOT of work. She will come home VERY tired and sleep for two days

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Sigh!
Looks like my dog isn't going to day camp.
He's a little too young at 13 weeks.
And he's a bully alright, no doubt about that.
Obciously, not fixed at 13 weeks.
Guess I could send him to an English Boarding School.

Here are the requirements for Petsmart Doggie Day Camp:

Day Camp Requirements

Who May Attend?

• Dogs at least four months of age
  • Dogs who have been socialized with other dogs but are not of the "bully breed" classification† or wolves/wolf hybrids
  • Dogs who are in good health (no fleas, ticks or contagious illnesses)
  • No intact (unneutered) male dogs, pregnant females or females in heat
  • Dogs who have the following vaccinations: Bordetella, Rabies, Distemper, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus

Try looking into privately owned doggie daycares in your area. I know in the Oklahoma City area we have plenty to choose from and some do not have all the requirements that PetSmart has.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Lol wow! Bully breed??!!

Yeah privately or smaller day camps (just as good if not better) are what you need to look into, and make sure they have a webcam...because those places are usually watched closer by the staff and they have to be good!!

It's 3:48 CST and spunky looks wiped out lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online