New puppy??

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
We are planning on getting another EB in the spring. I am excited but also a little nervous for Silva. She loves other puppies and dogs and socializes very well but those dogs dont live here all the time. I just wondering if any has any tips or suggestions on the transistion of adding a new puppy to our family? We still have about 6 months to prepare but just looking for some input! Thanks in advance! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
With a puppy all should go well. Just make sure you establish yourself as pack leader. I think it could also help if you provide a solid routine for Silva, like always give her the food dish first, then your new puppy. I really am pretty poor on behavior issues :eek: , but I am sure you will get suggestions from others. :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
mine are closer to a year apart and with them it was easy. Cutty was puppy enough to put up with Mugsy tugging on his balls even. haha. Being a puppy I am sure they will fall into place just fine but I agree with desertsky to assert yourself as pack leader and the rest should work out fine. How fun!!! Jealous!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
@%1;[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]@%1; "tugging on his balls", lol, Braeden (Horse's skin brother) learned quite quickly that pulling on Horse's balls was not a good idea! So, I guess our bullies have to put up with the same things whether from a new bully sibling or a younger skin sibling!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=340]laurentourville[/MENTION], that is too funny! Must be something all dogs have to go thru huh? Funny thing is Mugsy had those sharp puppy teeth and he would just tug away and Cutty never even acted like he cared. We knew we had a good bully once we saw that! :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
lol. i guess it's always good know of these things ahead of time!

[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] - congrats on the new pup!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
lol...awww i'm jealous too we want to add a puppy soon too but might have to wait till next year income tax lol...thats how we got spike :] i think spike will be nice b/c its a puppy i think if we bought in another EB his age he would prob be jealous good luck :]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.