sudden clingy behaviour

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
The past week or so Meekos acting wierdly clingy to me. If im sat on the floor he cannot get close enough even if hes on my lap! Or he will sit on the sofa with his head on my shoulder. If im on the sofa he has to be next to me or cuddled right into me. In bed hes next to me. If im in the bath tub hes up on the side of the bath trying to be in with me he just cant get close enough. He cries if i ignore him or wont let him on my lap or bed. Hes fine in himself eating well playing normal and nothing in his routine for walks or feeding times have changed. Hes 7months old now. Anybody know any reasons or explenations for sudden clingy-ness?

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Hi there, I'm not sure whether there is any connection but my male pup at the age of 7 months started to became sexually mature. This is when he began his humping of anything including my 3 year old son on a regular babsis, and also started to displayed dominance. Now this may not be connected at all or it could be that he is coming of that time where his hormones are changing and it is affecting his behaviour slightly. Have you had him neutured or thinking of having him done? I notice you also have a young baby in your profile picture, Im wondering if its a competition for your attention over the baby maybe?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is usually something you see as normal behavior with bulldogs... they are shadows and have to be touching you in some way. If it has increased recently... I'm not sure what it could be related to, if anything other than he needs more cuddle time with mama/daddy, but I will tag a few members that might have more insight.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Has anything recently changed or scared him? That's the only thing I can think of. They do like to be close to us too, but they also like their own time also.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have a couple of cuddle-rs makes it hard to walk around, every time I turn, they're under foot. Griz will paw at my shoulder and want hugs when I'm sitting on the sofa. he's sitting next to me right now. they want to go to the bathroom with me, follow me every where! If he's not jittery or scared , you got yourself a love bug. If he's healthy, you don't have anything to worry about.. If he starts to hump on you. a push and quick no will catch on after a few times.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola always wants to be near me, but whenever my husband is coming around to scoop her (for outside business related activities) she will really hug up on me...which means she probably has to poop but sooo doesnt want to go outside in the cold!! or get out of bed even!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Debo started to be real sweet when he started becoming a man! I love it!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
both of my bulldogs are super cuddle-bugs!! they always want to be with me and close enough to touch me ... the only thing that takes either of them away is their daily sun bathing one of their favorite things!!

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thanks all because its just all of a sudden i wondered if it meant something was wrong. Hes brilliant with my skin baby its not fightin for attention or jealousy he doesnt do it if Demari -Jay (skin baby) is on my lap or getting the attention .. Truth is Demari-Jay got more authority over Meeko than me haha if he touches meekos toy or bone when he has it Meeko will drop it instantly and will sit waiting until he lets it go again! I have to tell him a few times before he drops it and waits for it back.
I thought it could of been to do with age too.. I also googled it and the answer i got was that i could be pregnant and he can sense it lol (NO CHANCE!)

Just because a thread is worthless without pics.. This is exactly what i mean by clingy and cant get close enpugh :2thumbs:
20130204_095501.jpg

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meekos a mummys boy for cwtches and listens to me. Daddy is the 'fun one' that winds him up and gets him in silly moods!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online