DIY dog bed project!

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
I wanted to share with you all the dog bed me and my bestfriend/roommate made BY OURSELVES!! (I'm very proud of us lmao!) so here it is... I found the idea on Pinterest by the way, the DIY area has so many great ideas, especially for pet related items.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359873108.059001.jpg
Me, very excited about our supplies and getting started! The Pinterest post uses a pallet that gets taken apart (we didn't have room for a pallet or supplies to saw it apart), so we bought the wood. We made up our own dimensions, which turned out to be WAY bigger than intended. But oh well, more room for the dogs to roll around on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359873239.289962.jpg
Setting it up, this was before we actually put it together just to lay it all out. Notice it is big enough for me to sit in, haha!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359873306.637540.jpg
This is after we built and painted it, bad picture because it was dark outside.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359873368.010763.jpg
This is it completed with the bed inside! We actually made the bed! We had a large bed we were going to put t, but since we messed up on the dimensions the bed was too small. We ended up sewing 2 blankets we had at the house (bottom is a plain red blanket) together and stuffing it to make a bed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359873484.632203.jpg
They LOVE it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359873521.280447.jpg
This was tired Briley after playing, and he DID NOT want to leave this bed!

Just wanted to share it with you all! :) We plan on maybe adding their names or paw prints painted on there, but are still debating on it.

It was cheap too! For all supplies (wood, paint, brushes, wood screws, fasteners) it was only $55!!! The bed would cost some too, but we used stuff we already had for that and we already had a power tool. I think the supplies would cost less too if we had used the pallet idea, or if we got the dimensions correct lol!
I can actually fit in it, with both dogs! It's 4 ft by 2.5 ft.... Haha! That's what you get when 2 girls don't think before building! (We eyeballed the dimensions once already at lowes!) the pieces looked much smaller before assembled.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
I've been thinking about doing something like This as well just need to make a trip to lowes or Home Depot. :) good job ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Good Job!!!!!! But your "roomy" didn't get in any of the pix... LOL

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You ladies Rock'n the Dog Bed Department! Be proud of yourselves

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW, great job, looks very nice and roomy, know you have room for another bully. :2thumbs:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Nice job. I'm inspired now, so this may be done here also. Just a FYI, if anyone else is planning on doing one of these, check into the pallets that you get. A lot of them are fumigated or doused with other chemicals to prevent insects from destroying them. There are some chemical free pallets out there, but just make sure that you do your homework if you go with pallets instead of regular, untreated lumber. These chemicals are part of the reason that they burn so well at bonfires, so they'll burn just as well in a home......not to mention how bad the chemicals could be for our bullies. Just a heads up to be careful.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GREAT work.... now you have room for another bully.... hee hee hee

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
That's awesome!! I love Pinterest too, but never find the time to follow through with all the ideas I love lol!!

OP
brileythebully

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Thank you so much everyone! It was a fun day project, and of corse the dogs loved it and we're always trying to help lol. [MENTION=4890]spork3127[/MENTION] you should do it! If you want the Pinterest link or anything to help do it just PM me :) and yes! Thank you for saying that about the pallets, totally slipped my mind since I didn't go that route!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
:clap2: you and your roommate did a really good job!!

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
Great Job!!! That bed looks so comfy and its really cute. Maybe you can go into business :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.