Destin

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
So I've been cleaning my bully tear stain on the right side on her face. I can't really tell any difference. I am cleaning the folds good and then I put a thick layer of destin..
If I don't see a difference by the end of this upcoming week, I will try to attempt to change her food to something else.

Any suggestions?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh no! Not a thick layer! And Desitin is for irritation...and then a tiny..tiny speck goes a long way.

As far as tear stains...I have no experience with them..but if you do a search you will find loads of threads and info! :)

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Oh no! Not a thick layer! And Desitin is for irritation...and then a tiny..tiny speck goes a long way.

As far as tear stains...I have no experience with them..but if you do a search you will find loads of threads and info! :)

It was a auto-correct not sure why it put thick layer. - Its just a bit not a lot . No worries. :_ ,

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It was a auto-correct not sure why it put thick layer. - Its just a bit not a lot . No worries. :_ ,

:whew: I could just see Sweet Coco Chanel walking around with Desitin all over her face! Not right for a Diva you know! And believe me...I know all about dang auto correct! :ROFL:

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
:hiya: 2 things...what is she currently eating. No amount if cleaning is going to totally get rid of tear stain dips if the reason for the stains us still there xx I have found that Salmon, potato, and Chicken all make tear stains worse. (Others may add to this or disagree)

secondlywhat are you cleaning with before you apply the desetin? Malacet ?? Wipes, Douxo wipes(my fave) and hibicleanse are all good choices, as they contain chlohexidine which kills 99.9% of known bacterias x

There are a few if us that have fought terrible tear stains and there are other ways to get rid if them that include a peroxide paste and cornstarch....a search I'll reveal these. It is however best to treat the cause than try to treat the symptom. :hug:

Hey.. I am currently feeding her Blue Wilderness Puppy . prod-wild-puppy-chicken.jpg
It has Chicken on it.. I am cleaning with unscented wipes. Do you think this can be causing it? The pet smart I go only mostly have this. Prior to me changing her food she was on Purina Puppy Chow.
I want to find out the cause and fight the cause of it!

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Malacet ?? Wipes, Douxo wipes(my fave) and hibicleanse - Where can I get this wipes? Any local stores?

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Hmm..where from is not something I can answer cos I am I the UK xx my Bestest buddy @JAKEISGREAT can help there though cos she send Duoxo pads over here for me, so she will help you with the buying.
@cowsmom can help with food too. I personally feed a grain free lamb formula. General talking around the forum seems to confirm that a lot of Bulldogs have chicken and grain allergies. Potato can make yeast problems worse too.

Others will pop along and help soon xx

You feed your bully grain free lamb formula? What brand? I do thank you for helping me out. The brand I feed her is grain free and is chicken recipe.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I saw this on Amazon. [h=1]Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads - This should work well correct?[/h]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I saw this on Amazon. Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads - This should work well correct?

Thats them! And the hibiclens surgical wash/shampoo you can get at any drug store..I get it at Target..and dilute with water..stay away from her eyes..as usual!

Remember...lots of Bully's don't do well on chicken...

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I shall be ordering this upcoming Friday... Now I ask myself is it time to change food?

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Thats them! And the hibiclens surgical wash/shampoo you can get at any drug store..I get it at Target..and dilute with water..stay away from her eyes..as usual!

Remember...lots of Bully's don't do well on chicken...

Ok.. :) .. Is that the brand hibiclens ? Ahh ok. My brother has a bully and he gives his bully this brand of food I give mines and has no issues whats so ever..
I guess mine might have some issue with it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ok.. :) .. Is that the brand hibiclens ? Ahh ok. My brother has a bully and he gives his bully this brand of food I give mines and has no issues whats so ever..
I guess mine might have some issue with it.

You will find..one food just doesn't work well on all Bully's. Even in the same litter. But I am not a food expert..if you decide to explore a food change.. [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] is who you want to contact. She helped me with Jake.

Im not sure if Angie (Lucy-licious) got back to you about her food for her Bully's..but she is in England and she has totally different food available.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
You will find..one food just doesn't work well on all Bully's. Even in the same litter. But I am not a food expert..if you decide to explore a food change.. @cowsmom is who you want to contact. She helped me with Jake.

Im not sure if Angie (Lucy-licious) got back to you about her food for her Bully's..but she is in England and she has totally different food available.

I am definitely going to explore for a new brand of food or stay on the same brand but different type of food instead of chicken.. Oh ok, yeah she just got back to me right now

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.