Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I love to take by babies with me when I go on outings that will be to stores they are allowed in but here is my problem ... now that my son has left for boot camp I have his Chocolate Lab Ally, she is a good dog and she loves to go for rides but handling her with the bulldogs has proven rather difficult, she gets tangled in their leads will get so excited she will step on them etc etc the list goes on and on LOL I feel totally guilty because to be honest I would have a whole herd of bulldogs and teach them to walk well together but because she isn't my "preferred" breed of dog I just have no desire to work it out ... I hug her and love on her here at home she gets lots of love and attention but I just don't like taking her anyplace because she gets so stinkin' excited and bounces around like a crazy dog!!! Is it fair to leave her at home and just take the bulldogs when I go on my "dog errands"?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I think it is fair if she acts like a spaz and she doesn't know how to walk with the rest! You could always work with her but if you just dont feel up to it then she would probably be happy at home.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You can always take Ally out on her own w/out the bullies if it's too overwhelming going out all together. That way she'll also get some one-on-one time w/you. I know what u mean b/c even with two bullies, it's sometimes a little too much to handle for me when we go to Petsmart. So many distractions there and a bit harder for me to control them as well as I'd like. There are times when I will leave one home and take the other and I feel a little guilty too but then i make sure to do something w/the other one as well.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
thanks [MENTION=5264]sweetpeasmom2008[/MENTION] & [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] ... I decided to go the guilt free way and leave all 3 at home LOL I will figure this out in time, just have to get outta my missing my son fog and get focused again!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
@bulldog4me-I agree the quilt free way was the way to go! Im sorry your missing your son so much!

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Kinda off track, but Skye and I are sending prayers to you and your son. Boot Camp is no fun. Write him as much as you can, remind of how much you love and support him, and of how it's all just a mind game. As long as he doesn't forget those three very important things he'll breeze right through it.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
What if maybe u took it in turns and one day take diesel leaving molly and ally home in each others company so nobodys alone.. The next time take molly leaving diesel and ally and then the next time take Ally. She might enjoy some 1:1 time with you and might behave a lot calmer having your full attention to train and discipline when needed.

I kno with Meeko hes very well behaved on his own going for walks but if i go with my sister and her husky he has selective hearing will be so naughty. Pull constantly and just be over excited and disobediant. But on his own hes an angel!

Last edited:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Kinda off track, but Skye and I are sending prayers to you and your son. Boot Camp is no fun. Write him as much as you can, remind of how much you love and support him, and of how it's all just a mind game. As long as he doesn't forget those three very important things he'll breeze right through it.

You must be so proud of your son. Prayers to you and your family. Please let us know how he's doing. I am sure Ally misses him terribly.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Let the lab earn the privalige to walk with those beautiful Bulldogs.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Labs need lots of exercise and it's hard to give that to them everyday. If you have a treadmill, you might consider putting the lead on the treadmill for about 15 - 20 minutes on a slow to medium pace before trying to go to the favorite stores . just a thought.

I know you miss your son. He's growing into a man with lots of responceability. he'll come home to you more mature and ready to settle into a life of his own. i'ts tough being a mum , I feel ya

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Labs need lots of exercise and it's hard to give that to them everyday. If you have a treadmill, you might consider putting the lead on the treadmill for about 15 - 20 minutes on a slow to medium pace before trying to go to the favorite stores . just a thought.

I know you miss your son. He's growing into a man with lots of responceability. he'll come home to you more mature and ready to settle into a life of his own. i'ts tough being a mum , I feel ya

^^^^^ what she said ! :2thumbs: Labs ned lots, and lots, and lots of exercise. Remember they are hunting dogs and need to be able to get the energy out of them on a daily basis

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo has still not earned the privilege of going to Home Depot. Bea goes all the time. Bo acts like a maniac -- he's just so darned happy to be there! -- and if I'm bringing a dog in a store where it's a easily revokable privilege - I gotta bring the most well behaved member of the pack. That's for the safety and well being of the other patrons! LOL

Bo gets to go to PetSmart and other stores -- and he's MUCH better when it's just me and him and not both of them -- but I usually take both anyway and suffer through it - because he does have to learn and he will eventually. His bad behaviors are MY FAULT! He doesn't have that great of a time if he's constantly being corrected anyway. Maybe the lab feels that way too? LOL

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
thank you everyone :)

the bulldogs are pretty balanced and when we go on walks they stay side by side and are such a joy to walk now they aren't perfect they both have their naughty habits but for the most part, they are good dogs :) when we got Ally she was 2-1/2 years old and she is a very insecure dog so when we add her into the walk she tilts the balance out of whack making everything go haywire :eek: ... here at home she is more secure but out in public she does get nervous and that's why I have such a difficult time taking her anyplace :ashamed: it will work itself out and eventually I will find the balance but I am so not there YET :blush2:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.