The vet's office, how does your Bully do?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor girl...Usko is just fine until he has go on the table...he empties his glands, shakes and pants. He is a good boy though and lets the vet examine him, but I feel just horrible for him...

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Awww Brock LOVES the vet, he literally runs to the door when he sees the building and once inside he acts like he owns the place. His vets shower him with loves so he's pretty spoiled when he goes even on shot day he's excited lol.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww Brock LOVES the vet, he literally runs to the door when he sees the building and once inside he acts like he owns the place. His vets shower him with loves so he's pretty spoiled when he goes even on shot day he's excited lol.

Mine too. A visit with Dr Terry is like a visit to FUNVILLE. Even tho the table is a bit awkward, they quickly relax because they love their vet so much. Dr. Terry Beatty rules!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My two love our vet , and vice versa, everyone at the office goes crazy over them, so they get lots of attention, plus they are both very social and love anything and everyone that moves, so they think every animal is their friend. The only problem with that is a lot of times the other dogs in the office either don't like other dogs too much, as they might be older, or skittish , and so don't want a rambunctious puppy going crazy or jumping around them, or the other animal might be not feeling well, and mine being young pups go mainly for puppy checkups, vaccinations, they were spay and neutered and had cherry eye surgeries, but have so far not gone because they were sick. Also some dogs are recuperating from surgeries so don't ant to be bugged, so I sometimes have to stand away from the other dogs , so mine dot bug them, but other than that they do really well at the vets, and don't have any issues with going.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Chanel loves the vet :) Brutus on the other hand hates it! He loves the kisses and hugs but is very nervous when we go! He doesnt like going to new places (even though he has been there many times)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Roe, that's how Emma is, she gets a bit skiddish when in new areas or revisiting ones we've been to over and over like PetSmart.
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION]

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Vet offices were invented for Maggie's pleasure!! She thought this group of people were brought together occasionally to cater to her every need, and worship the ground she walked on. It's kinda embarrassing when she was attempting to go into the back offices and rooms rather than stay with us in the waiting room!! Of course everybody who met her cooed and cuddled her. So she was NEVER proved wrong!!!

Daddy is very non-committal at the vets. Doesn't seem to really care either way!!

Linus turned into a big wobbly mess the last time he was at the vets. That was almost a year ago for his neuter. He would not get out of the car so I had to lift him out. Then he sunk to his belly and I had to try and drag him in. That wasn't going to happen so I had to carry his 50ib butt into the vets.

When Bella was surrendered to the rescue it was obvious she had been neglected and who knows when she had last been to the vets! She has seen 2 different vets so far. The initial one for her shots and a wellness check. The second one for a UTI, spay and cherry eye surgery twice. Each time she has obviously been terrified. I'm curious how she will react to our own vet who is a very gentle person ..... but more importantly, has a never-ending supply of cheese she gives out as treats!! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online