The vet's office, how does your Bully do?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma was the shy one of her litter (and still is at times) and even though she's quite socialized when she's out of her daily surrouding she gets quite scared.

We went to the vet today for her tear stains (turns out she has a bacterial infection) and is now on meds. I have absolutly the bestest vet and she's only had good experiences there but every time we go she hides. I ended up putting her up on my lab and he was just trembling. :nervous: lol It's funny cause she rules the boys here. She would not come out of underneath that chair.

image-24_zps93ed3532.jpg

I'm so not used to this. All my dogs but one years and years ago loved the vet's office.

How does your bully do? Wilson, he's great and very social, as is Jack.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Awww, sweet little Emma.:luv:

Finn is just like Emma in that he hides under the chair too! the vet tech and vet will have to gently pull him out from under the chair and on a couple occasions he'll pee out of nervousness. Tate on the other hand...well, Jeannie, u know how Mr.Wigglebums is...very outgoing and enjoys seeing all the peeps at the vet's.

Glad Emma's getting treated for that infection.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Wigglebums probably tries to get behind to the back desk to see the ladies. He's such a little devil. :D So Finn does this too. It just strikes me as funny (not in a hahaheehee sorta way) that she does this. She's TOUGH at home.
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
This is opposite of Lola! She jumps all over than tries to tackle everyone! She looks so cute under there!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:ohmy: Okayyyyyyyy......it was a stuffy nose! Sounded like L-A-B...but you actually said L-A-P.....I get it nowwwwww!

:)

Smartypants! :girlfight: Chest cold at the moment. It came on last night. Might explain why I was so tired all week. I have a splitting headache too, all my joints and muscles hurt, and my throat is now sore from constantly coughing. :cry: Please please someone call the whambulance, I need a :doctor: :biglaugh:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have the same problem as you [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] ... my little Diesel loves everyone but he has the memory of an elephant! He remembers the vets office and he gets all scared and shy, hides and tries to stay far away from them and just hates it when they catch him in the room and put him on the table! Molly on the other hand is totally clueless and is thrilled they want to touch her and pick her up and handles it like a champ!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles just wants to greet and get petted by everyone. If he doesn't get enough attention he barks! Mack would get the zoomies and go from room to room looking for his girlfriend (a tech who slept in his kennel with him when he was recovering from surgery). We'd always try to schedule Mack for 1st or last appointment of the day!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6189]bulldogs4me[/MENTION] my old guy Ace loved loved going to the vet and he multiple surgeries over the years? He just loved everyone. Elephants have fantastic memories too. They say an elephant only needs to stiff you once and from that one still will remember you 50 years later. Wonder what makes them get scared to go if they haven't had a bad experience? :hmm:

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
@bulldogs4me my old guy Ace loved loved going to the vet and he multiple surgeries over the years? He just loved everyone. Elephants have fantastic memories too. They say an elephant only needs to stiff you once and from that one still will remember you 50 years later. Wonder what makes them get scared to go if they haven't had a bad experience? :hmm:

with Diesel I think it's because that mean vet once took him away from me and wouldn't let him come back through the door ... 3 years ago when he had his neuter surgery ... every since then he will not let them walk him, he will lay on the floor and just go for a drag if they try to take him by leash but he will follow me anywhere even if it's into those awful places that take him away from his mommy i.e. the vets, the groomer or any places like that LOL he just gets so scared but because mommy is going he will be such a trooper and follow :) just love that little guy with all my heart!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I'm worried that Mabel's previous history of dog aggression could cause problems for her at the vet. I've yet to find a harness that fits her and she can slip out of her collar. Her foster mom said she didn't mind going, but that this little girl tried to take down a standard poodle. Now that could just be her opinion of poodles . . . ;)

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda absolutely ADORES our vet. Even after her surgeries (I thought she'd hate it there), she still adores him. It's all pulling and wiggles when we go. She loves him. And the groomer's. And the mailman. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online