Gonna be a tough day

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
So Monday I was contacted by Lisa of a bully in need of a new forever home here in Abilene tx. The woman contacted lone star bulldog rescue and then they contacted Lisa. This little girl has what's called anal stricture, its pretty much where she can't hold her poop. The nerve that makes u hold didn't fuse all the way together. She will have to wear a diaper her whole life. She is 7 almost 8 months old. The owner just texted me and we will be picking her up in less than 30 mins. We will only be fostering till we can her her into anoter house. Lisa emailed me the other day saying that she found someone in Oklahoma for her. U will post more about her when we get her... I'm nervoius and sad at the same time o and the reason for owner surrender is husband said its me or the dog. I've been talking w the woman all week and found out they have the bully on heb brand food!!! And they haven't had her in diapers, ugh!!!! Now I kinda know why the husband is mad!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
You mean they haven't had her diapered up and have been letting her just poop everywhere? Shame on both of them if so. I'm glad she leaving there could have ended up being an abuse situation maybe if frustrations and tempers flew. You're taking on quite a bit there Kendall, :hug: to you for doing so. :angelheart:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bravo Kendall. Can you imagine being that stupid that you don't do the minimum for that poor Bully? And blaming it on her husband. They are both fools and thank goodness you stepped up.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I'm with Jeannie, big :hug: to you for helping this little bulldog!!! What is heb brand food? It will be a lot of work but I'm so glad you are stepping in and taking on the care for her and making her life so much better!! :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
hugs Kendall!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about her

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359841159.707447.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359841237.399011.jpg

Here she is. She has behavioral issues w all 3 gonna get that under control she almost bit me when I grabbed her!! Can't have that it was so bad my 3 babies don't want anything to do w her!! She attaches quickly to Jeff or I. She has cheery eye in one eye

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
You are a saint for fostering this poor little baby. I am very glad that she has a home and someone to love her! Thank you so much for taking time from your life and family to help her out as she goes through the processes of getting there. HEB food? Good heavens. (HEB is a prominent grocery store chain here in Texas, and while their store brands of food are very good for humans, I doubt they're even close to the standard of food bulldogs need with their pet foods.)

If I were closer I'd offer to help. I grew up in Eastland, TX but now reside down in San Antonio.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Ok sorry we were having dog issues so had to post that quickly.. Ok so I talked w the lady more and of course she was upset but they knew when they got her of her problem and they were ok w it and yes they just let her poop everywhere I'm guessing I didn't ask. And just from the hr I've been w her I don't think she was socialized w the other dog they had and I'm afraid to say but I think they kept her crated most of the time :(. Well anyways back to the lady she told me since they picked her knowing that, that they were able to get a "good one" as she put it out of the next litter. She is coming out of heat so I'm thinking that might have something to do w her temperament (I'm hoping) I asked If she has eaten today and popped at all and they said that she ate this morning and that's the problem they are having is it goes straight through her! It's defiantly gotta be the food she is on. She is very under weight.heres the food that she is on, it's 5 dollars a bag!! Wow can't believe it ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359842620.539938.jpg

So I do know that she was on 4 health from tractor supply and it made her tunmy break out. We went to petsmart and got her puppy food a grain free its blue wilderness puppy. Gonna start putting some of that in her food slowly. When I pet her I just feel her back bone :'(

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awwwe bless you for saving this little girl! Keep me posted we are still trying to find her a good home, we do have a foster in OK (not a forever home) in case we need one, if even to get her closer to IBR just in case we cannot find her a home quickly. BLESS YOU KENDALL!!!!! :muah2:

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Awwwe bless you for saving this little girl! Keep me posted we are still trying to find her a good home, we do have a foster in OK (not a forever home) in case we need one, if even to get her closer to IBR just in case we cannot find her a home quickly. BLESS YOU KENDALL!!!!! :muah2:

Ok thanks tell them to keep a spot open for her. I kinda want to see how she reacts to ours and everything before we move her again. That way they will know what to expect. And I wanna see how much a food difference will be.

When I was texting the lady through out the week she kept referring to the food as a 31.99 bag and all so that told me they weren't willing to pay the price and just to think they will be getting another one shortly ugh I kinda wanna call the breeder up and tell them about everything!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a beauty, and poor thing. Those people that had her so not deserve to bully, or a dog as far as that goes. Bless you Kendall for taking her in.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Wow. You are so great for taking this sweet baby on. Hopefully she can be better socialized since she is so young still. You can see in the photos that she is skin and bones. I don't think this couple would do any better with a healhier bully.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
You mean they haven't had her diapered up and have been letting her just poop everywhere? Shame on both of them if so. I'm glad she leaving there could have ended up being an abuse situation maybe if frustrations and tempers flew. You're taking on quite a bit there Kendall, :hug: to you for doing so. :angelheart:

OR were they just leaving that poor baby outside and never letting her in?? Thank God for you [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] that you've rescued her.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank goodness for folks like you in the world. She probably doesn't know what real love is. ..... hoping she soon will. Thanks for being a brave foster mom.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
You are so great for fostering her! Glad to know she will be in a great home!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.