Restless bully?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I was curious if anyone has dealt with a bully that might not be sleeping or is very restless at night. Ever since Ellie's blanket eating/shredding episodes, she's gone without blankets in her crate. She's going on a full week of no blankets with the lone exception being a fleece blanket that the wife uses on the loveseat and Ellie will often lay on top of whoever is on the loveseat. Since taking her blankets away, she has been very lethargic in the evenings and so far this weekend. All she wants to do is sleep. Could taking her blankets away have put things out of whack for her?

Yesterday, she had gotten sick in her crate and we gave her a left over pill for vomiting from her last experience a couple of weeks ago (it was still well within the expiration period, so don't worry). No vomiting since then and her :poo: appears normal when she finally went around lunchtime (I'm guessing the lack of pooping from last night until lunchtime today was because she didn't have much on her stomach). She's also drinking plenty of water, but has turned her nose up at her morning feeding today and hasn't after eating her dinner last night. Just curious if she could not be getting enough sleep that would cause all of this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i remember the thread to remove the blankets, but not remembering the why --- assuming she tore them up? If yes, is it possible she ate some and if she did - did she pass it?
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would be concerned she is trying to pass some of the eaten blanket. It takes Jake 2 weeks for his victims to start to emerge. With her not eating and vomiting..I would ask for X-rays. And know..X-rays don't always show blockages. The lethargy doesn't seem consistent with restlessness but something is going on. These are multiple concerns to me. I hope she is ok...

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I would be concerned she is trying to pass some of the eaten blanket. It takes Jake 2 weeks for his victims to start to emerge. With her not eating and vomiting..I would ask for X-rays. And know..X-rays don't always show blockages. The lethargy doesn't seem consistent with restlessness but something is going on. These are multiple concerns to me. I hope she is ok...

I have to agree, this could be blockage from the blanket

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We let Ellie sleep in the bed with us for the 1st time last night and she was out like a light as soon as the lights went off. We got up about 6:30 to take her potty to keep her on her schedule and while she was sitting in bed, she started to show the signs of vomiting by trying to hock something up. I grabbed her and ran into the bathroom so that she could get sick there instead of in the bed. Well, up came a massive piece of blanket that I never noticed was missing from her last destruction. Within the past couple of hours, she's started eating again, so I think we're in the clear. I swear that this dog will be the death of me!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she got that out and hope that's all of it. By the way she was acting, it did seem like she wad eaten something.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I'm happy to hear she is feeling better and acting normal. I would keep an eye on her for the next few days just to be sure that all of the blanket has come out.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek:

I'm so glad she got this out! Not to be paranoid but watch her like a hawk. It took Jake a few days to expel the half a chenille pillow sham he ate..:cursing: AND it came out both ways

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad to hear Ellie is feeling better and was able to throw up the blanket. My bulldozer has eaten a sock twice, one he threw up, and the other he passed out the other end. Every time he eats something he shows the same signs and then I know he's eaten something. He usually starts with diarrhea, then sometimes vomiting, but not always, drooling of water from his mouth, and being very lethargic, usually the next day or 2 days later, he passes the sock or object he's eaten. Last week on Sat., he had the same symptoms, and by the evening he threw up a baby wipe. I think Dozer thinks he's a goat, he eats everything.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online