Electrical outlets - plug or don't plug?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've never had to use plugs. No plugs if he's taking them off.

I did have to unplug any that were in sight when we got Emma. I caught her chewing on a breaker and then she went after it again. Now that she's older she's much better.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Although I don't know how to solve your delima about Walley-Bubba removing the plug covers, letting him get shocked could prove fatal!! Hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I would try taking them out and definitely watch and supervise him and see if he's still interested in the wall plug without the cap in it. Maybe it's just the cap he's interested in playing with, so when he sees the plug cap it's something that he can play with and pull it out of the wall, and without the plug cap in there he might just leave the wall plug alone. I don't have any wall plugs in my outlets, and my 2 guys have never showed any interest in them, or tried to play with them. It's worth a try to see if he's still interested in playing with the outlet with nothing in it, and with you there to watch, he will be safe from getting a shock, and then you will know if it's going to be a problem.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would just take all the caps off, and he will probably ignore the plugs. I have never heard of a bully being shocked by a plug, unless he starts to chew the plate and takes it off, then chews the plug itself, which I'm sure you would see him doing this.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
No caps. I never did. I caught jameson licking the outlet once. Told him no and he never went back.

Most Reactions