What to do?

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
Hello everyone - this is a sad story. And I realize that most of you are in the States, (I'm in Canada), but I need some help.

There is a breeder of EB's who is a dirt-bag (I have other words, but I can't post them - :cursing:). This so called "breeder" imports puppies from the States and Overseas, obviously from puppy mills, at 3-5 weeks of age, barely weaned from Mom, and brings them into Canada to sell. He sells them really cheap in comparison to the good breeders. People fall for it all the time. These puppies look healthy and cute, but I've been hearing of kinks in the trachea, defects in the spine, one lung, and it has pneumonia, kennel cough, nose mites, gastro problems, and puppies dying! I've been told that SPCA has been to the premises, but they see nothing wrong as the puppies have food, water, and are in living in the house, not out in a barn, shed, etc. What they don't see are the diseases and aliments that these puppies have. How do you stop such a monster? What can be done?

One person told me they were going to make up flyers and post them all around the neighborhood where these puppies are in the hopes that people going to see the puppies will see the posters. Another person wants to contact the media. I think it's a matter of spreading the word, and I guess that's where the media would come in, because obviously the SPCA can't do anything. Who's above the SPCA that can do something?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate any information and insight or suggestions.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] had a similar situation, took a long time to shut them down but maybe she has advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
It was just getting the word out. I don't know about Canada's laws. But here in the US, you can import but you can't sell an imported puppy prior to 6 mos. it was thee dis that did most of the damage. Also posting on as many sites as possible even consumer/review sites

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
As long as you do something, anything, about shutting this guy down, you'll feel better for it. we all will

OP
RAKA Bulldogs

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
I tell anybody with a set of ears about this breeder. There is a webpage of horror stories about them - and the occasional "fluffy" story which I'm sure is put there by one of their people. This breeder tells people that he "thinks" the puppies are such and such an age, the parents are back in another part of Canada, and that they import only twice a year - BS!!! Checking our local free ad classified webpage for Canada shows different puppies every week, so much for only twice a year. But people just don't do their homework, so there is a sucker everyday, sad to say.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I tell anybody with a set of ears about this breeder. There is a webpage of horror stories about them - and the occasional "fluffy" story which I'm sure is put there by one of their people. This breeder tells people that he "thinks" the puppies are such and such an age, the parents are back in another part of Canada, and that they import only twice a year - BS!!! Checking our local free ad classified webpage for Canada shows different puppies every week, so much for only twice a year. But people just don't do their homework, so there is a sucker everyday, sad to say.

would you please PM the website? I know some peeps in Canada

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
[MENTION=7946]RAKA Bulldogs[/MENTION] I think I know who you mean and they also operate out of Vancouver. Can you also PM me the link and we'll compare notes? I've been following locally very closely!

Last edited:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Just a bit of advice, I don't know how things work in Canada but in the us you can be sued for slander and libel for printing and posting flyers. I know you want to help but please protect yourself from this jerk at the same time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.