Anyone owned a smaller sized Bulldog?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Nope not a mini or mixed. His pop was 65lbs all muscle and Mom was only 38 lbs.

You're definitely not alone. Ellie came from parents of similar size where the dad was closer to 60lbs and the mom was about 40. She's 9 months now and about 33lbs. It was something like 32.6 the last time I weighed her a couple of weeks ago. I've often wondered about her size when I see others post their 4 month old bully already at 35 or 40lbs and scratch my head. Ellie's still growing though and I think she'll top out close to 40lbs like her mom. She didn't put on 4 or 5lbs a week as a young puppy like some do, but more in line with Henry at 1 or 2 lbs a week....that was even on 3 cups a day. She's just a small, VERY VERY VERY athletic and active bully. As long as Henry is healthy and checks out ok at the vet, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We may just have smaller bullies that are slow growers.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Mine is on the smaller size too, specially compared to her littler mates. Izzy is pretty much 7 months old and she weights 33lbs. If compared side by side to the other puppies she is half their size! I dont mind it, she still my adorable bully eventhough people would ask me if she was a mix or even a boston terrier in the beginning.

PippaBD

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
Not alone! My girl is only 15 lbs at 4 months, but the vet says she's happy and healthy, just likely to be a small one.

PippaBD

Jan 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
Forgot to add. My vet said that often the smaller bullys end up having less health issues than the ones that are larger than average, so that's a positive!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yep ... they do come in all shapes and sizes but as long as they are healthy and look healthy it's not a problem.

My Maggie was only 35lb full grown but she was in perfect proportion!!! :heart:

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Aw...he's so cute! Our girl has always been smaller than the majority of the members' bullies on here. She only weighted 4.6 lbs when we got her at 8 wks and she also gained at about a pound per week. She's going to be 9 months next week and weighs 32.6 lbs as of today. We like that she's on the smaller side though. She's definitely not skinny.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
both Diesel & Molly are on the smaller side, Diesel is the runt of the litter and he is pretty small he only weighs 36lbs at 3 years old he is stout but has a short in height and length frame ... Molly has a real boxy frame (meaning short legs and stout body) but to look at them everyone always says how cute they are because they are so small. Most people think Diesel is just a baby because he has such a baby face ... so his small size and baby face make him look like a pup :)

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Thanks for the responses everyone, It's good to know there are others like Henry. I would prefer him being on the smaller side but if he turns out to be 50-60lbs, that would be fine too, that's what i expected initially. It's just kinda rough not knowing what to expect. I'm guessing now he most likely will be in the mid 30's low 40's, but you never know.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel is only about 40 pounds. I love her size! It really comes in handy when she's being a typical bulldog and doesn't want to do what she's told. It's nice to be able to physically move her! Plus, she loves lap cuddles! :heart:

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Agreed! Mack is 43 pounds at 3 years old, and I can't imagine having to PICKUP a bigger dog to put him in the bath or in the car, or on my bed, or off the couch lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions