Anyone owned a smaller sized Bulldog?

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Anyone owned a smaller sized Bulldog? I'm just curious because i feel i'm alone in this with Henry. He will be 5 months tomorrow and should be weighing in at 19lb, He was 18.5 at the beginning of the week. When i look back on it, he has gained on average 1lb/week since i got him at 10 weeks, not always in linear fashion. I'm always seeing people on here feeding around 3 cups/day or more it seems. Henry has been on 2 1/4 cups/day for a couple weeks now. He's just so little, lol. He doesn't seem skinny to me at all. Everyone calls him "chubbs" it seems. My vet and peers all think he looks great, as do I. In this pic below, he's a little grumpy after being woken up to go #2 before i had to go to work.
14854_4288829107905_696555099_n.jpg

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
5months :-o he looks so tiny... Is he a 'mini' EB or mixed with a frenchie or pug or anything? I neeeed one lol Henry is so cute <3 i cant remember Meeko this small and hes only 7months lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
There are all sizes of bullies and they dont all grow at the same rate. We like to say that they grow UP their first year and OUT their second.... then fill in their third. lol He looks fine to me. Princess Gracie was only 39 pounds when I weighed her a week ago... She is 6 years old.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He's adorable!! He is just going to be a small boy. His proportion looks normal for his age too, lucky for you he will likely not be a 60lb lap bully! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I wish Meeko only weighed 39lbs lol hes 57 lbs at 7months and he breaks my back when i have to pick him up for anything! X

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
You are not alone. We got little ones all around the forum. Oh....those ears. Orion had a set on her before she finally grew into hers. She is almost 4 and she's at the top of her weight right now. In the last year her weight has fluctuated between 33 and 37 pounds. Currently she weighs 35. She is small and compact. She comes from 2 normal sized bulldogs.....she is just a smaller sized baby.

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
Oh he's so cute - I love the grumpy face! He has a lot of growing to do yet, so don't worry. They come in all shapes and sizes, but one thing is for certain, they come with huge baskets of love! :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
What a cutie!!
I don't think it's a big deal as long as the vet says he's healthy. Smaller bullies are just as cute as the bigger fatties :p

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
HAHAHAHA...Yep, he's giving you the ole stink eye...and an adorable one!

As long as he's healthy, be happy and you never know, he may grow up to
be huge...it happens.

Sometimes they do stay small and we've got plenty on here. I'm getting one
from normal sized parents (bigger) and she was but then stopped growing.

I think she's about 40 lbs or less at 1 & 1/2 y/o...I can't wait to get Little Bee.

On Febr 8th....trying to stay busy 'cause I can't wait!

Your Henry is adorable & you are not alone, we'll watch our wee ones grow, together!

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
5months :-o he looks so tiny... Is he a 'mini' EB or mixed with a frenchie or pug or anything? I neeeed one lol Henry is so cute <3 i cant remember Meeko this small and hes only 7months lol

Nope not a mini or mixed. His pop was 65lbs all muscle and Mom was only 38 lbs.

OP
K

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
You are not alone. We got little ones all around the forum. Oh....those ears. Orion had a set on her before she finally grew into hers. She is almost 4 and she's at the top of her weight right now. In the last year her weight has fluctuated between 33 and 37 pounds. Currently she weighs 35. She is small and compact. She comes from 2 normal sized bulldogs.....she is just a smaller sized baby.

How much were you feeding her as a puppy? I'm always worried that i'm not feeding enough. I just go by how he looks and the stool consistency which is why i only feed 2 1/4th cups/day. I don't want to stunt his growth in any way.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just some mindless info I saw at my Vets office..on the wall is that ubiquitous chart that shows every dog breed and stats about them. It states, as do other places, they average 40-50 pounds in weight. They aren't supposed to be 70..80 or more pounds! I am willing to bet he turns out perfect! Jake came from a litter of 6 males. We have regular play days with them and although they have gone back and forth between being the biggest or not..they all are almost exactly the same. Jake put his weight on slowly and is now a wee bit over 50 lbs.

As far as feeding..jake got 1/2 cup 3 times a day..until 6 months then went to 2 feedings of 1 cup each. I did try to increase his feedin size and he just got soft :poo:. My vet said..keep him where he's doing well..some feed 3cups a day to their pups here. Let's ask a couple with lots of puppy experience.
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I've heard of t-cup bully's but the breeder is in-line breeding to keep them very small and they really aren't t-cup size. You've heard the old saying, it's not the size that matters. In this case, it really doesn't . Enjoy the love and life with your adoabull baby.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a little on the small size, but that's OK, he is a handsome boy and will be a beautiful boy full grow. As long as he is healthy that's all that matters. We have a sweet girl that started out a beautiful big boned girl and when she got about 10 months old decided she wasn't going to grow any more and stayed about 40 lbs or so. She is a healthy and happy little girl. Your boy will start to get tall and lanky the first year then the second year start to fill out and widen out, so don't get discouraged. He will be the perfect size to snuggle with.

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
OMG. He is so beautiful! It's a blessing. My boy is taller than the norm & weighs in @ 75lbs. I wish I could pick him up for cuddling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 130

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.