Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone owned a smaller sized Bulldog?

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone owned a smaller sized Bulldog?

I've heard of t-cup bully's but the breeder is in-line breeding to keep them very small and they really aren't t-cup size. You've heard the old saying, it's not the size that matters. In this case, it really doesn't . Enjoy the love and life with your adoabull baby.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

He is a little on the small size, but that's OK, he is a handsome boy and will be a beautiful boy full grow. As long as he is healthy that's all that matters. We have a sweet girl that started out a beautiful big boned girl and when she got about 10 months old decided she wasn't going to grow any more and stayed about 40 lbs or so. She is a healthy and happy little girl. Your boy will start to get tall and lanky the first year then the second year start to fill out and widen out, so don't get discouraged. He will be the perfect size to snuggle with.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Lois
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Max
    Likes (Received)

OMG. He is so beautiful! It's a blessing. My boy is taller than the norm & weighs in @ 75lbs. I wish I could pick him up for cuddling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kevi204 View Post
    Nope not a mini or mixed. His pop was 65lbs all muscle and Mom was only 38 lbs.
    You're definitely not alone. Ellie came from parents of similar size where the dad was closer to 60lbs and the mom was about 40. She's 9 months now and about 33lbs. It was something like 32.6 the last time I weighed her a couple of weeks ago. I've often wondered about her size when I see others post their 4 month old bully already at 35 or 40lbs and scratch my head. Ellie's still growing though and I think she'll top out close to 40lbs like her mom. She didn't put on 4 or 5lbs a week as a young puppy like some do, but more in line with Henry at 1 or 2 lbs a week....that was even on 3 cups a day. She's just a small, VERY VERY VERY athletic and active bully. As long as Henry is healthy and checks out ok at the vet, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We may just have smaller bullies that are slow growers.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” - Cecil Beaton

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

Mine is on the smaller size too, specially compared to her littler mates. Izzy is pretty much 7 months old and she weights 33lbs. If compared side by side to the other puppies she is half their size! I dont mind it, she still my adorable bully eventhough people would ask me if she was a mix or even a boston terrier in the beginning.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa
    Likes (Received)

Not alone! My girl is only 15 lbs at 4 months, but the vet says she's happy and healthy, just likely to be a small one.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to add. My vet said that often the smaller bullys end up having less health issues than the ones that are larger than average, so that's a positive!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Yep ... they do come in all shapes and sizes but as long as they are healthy and look healthy it's not a problem.

My Maggie was only 35lb full grown but she was in perfect proportion!!!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kaida
    Likes (Received)

Aw...he's so cute! Our girl has always been smaller than the majority of the members' bullies on here. She only weighted 4.6 lbs when we got her at 8 wks and she also gained at about a pound per week. She's going to be 9 months next week and weighs 32.6 lbs as of today. We like that she's on the smaller side though. She's definitely not skinny.
    KaidasMom, aka Tina

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

both Diesel & Molly are on the smaller side, Diesel is the runt of the litter and he is pretty small he only weighs 36lbs at 3 years old he is stout but has a short in height and length frame ... Molly has a real boxy frame (meaning short legs and stout body) but to look at them everyone always says how cute they are because they are so small. Most people think Diesel is just a baby because he has such a baby face ... so his small size and baby face make him look like a pup
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the responses everyone, It's good to know there are others like Henry. I would prefer him being on the smaller side but if he turns out to be 50-60lbs, that would be fine too, that's what i expected initially. It's just kinda rough not knowing what to expect. I'm guessing now he most likely will be in the mid 30's low 40's, but you never know.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Mabel is only about 40 pounds. I love her size! It really comes in handy when she's being a typical bulldog and doesn't want to do what she's told. It's nice to be able to physically move her! Plus, she loves lap cuddles!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads