Rumble and thunderstorms

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
This morning in Oklahoma we had some strong thunderstorms go through. This was Rumble's first experience with them and my husband said he did okay but he did bark every time it started to thunder and wanted to be close to him. Does anyone have any experience with bulldogs and thunderstorms? Ironically, Rumble is named after the mascot for the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team so he should love the thunder and not hate it! :tongue:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH Princes Chicken:poo: runs and hides in her bed at any loud sound, Especially thunderstorms.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Winston doesn't really think twice about thunder. If it is super super loud he looks to us, and if we don't react he goes about his business. Fireworks on the other hand... Wow. That bulldog thinks he can fly to try and catch them! Good thing he never sees the lightning..

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When we do have storms here in FL. they are bad, loud and scary!!!!! Vegas could care less unless the thunder is so strong it rattles the windows, then he will bark, but he's not afraid.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well, he IS still a baby...I'm sure he'll grow into and make, the team proud!

When the thunderstorms clap, be calm also put him in a close fitting shirt, it
does wonders (like calming a baby w/swaddling), they actually sell 'thunder
shirts' but really, any tight fitting shirt will do the same.

It sounds to me, he did great!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Winston doesn't really think twice about thunder. If it is super super loud he looks to us, and if we don't react he goes about his business. Fireworks on the other hand... Wow. That bulldog thinks he can fly to try and catch them! Good thing he never sees the lightning..

Rudy gets worked up when he hears fireworks too. He patrols the back yard at high speed. Sometimes we have to close the doggie door. This weekend should be interesting. We live in 49er (football) country and if they win the Super Bowl (maybe even if they don't, why waste the fireworks) there will be a lot of fireworks going off. May have to Put Rudy on a leash or try that tight fitting shirt thing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.