Licking Bully

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Otis is about to drive me crazy licking everything. Does anyone else have this problem with their bully? He licks the couch, the sheets, himself, us, the table, etc. You name it he licks it. I thought cats licked all the time not dogs? It wouldn't bother me so bad if everything he licked didn't stink afterward. I can't stand nasty smells :nope:. Just thought I would ask in case there is some magic cure and reason why he is doing it.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy sometimes gets on a licking spree, he love to lick us and the couch when he wants attention. I just tell him "NO" and if he doesn't stop will redirect him. This usually works and he is getting better.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo does this. I think it's a way for him to sooth himself. I simply disagree with the behavior (touch him on his flanks and make a tsst noise). If he doesn't stop after one of those, I will redirect to a toy that will help his brain's to be busy. I associate it with boredom for Bo. He needs daily physical and mental exercise.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Omg i was just about to post a thread about this.. the last few days meekos licking everything.. Walls floors his bed people the tv unit.. Everything! The sound drives me insane lol i was starting to wonder if it meant somethin x

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.