How old were you when you got your first bully?!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Well I'm just curious how old everyone was when they got their first bully. Well duchess is 10 months & I was 26 when I got her. Had dogs my whole life always wanted a bully. I always heard people say bullies are like no other breed and I never understood what they meant. Well I now understand what is meant when people say,"bullies are like no other breed". They are so amazing and I'm obsessed with them. My g/f gives me grief about how much time I spend on the forums!... Lol

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
29. Bf and I thought the house needed dome fun so we hot stiggy. Now we can't even remember our lives before then.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
34. Only because my husband and I had to compromise. I said Boxer, he said Lab. Don't ask how that was a compromise, but we both said okay. :)

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
34. Only because my husband and I had to compromise. I said Boxer, he said Lab. Don't ask how that was a compromise, but we both said okay. :)

Lab x boxer = bulldog sounds like a compromise to me. Lol

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Ha ha ha.

:offtopic:

My husband said English Bulldog, I said Poodle. Then he said American Bulldog. So I said English Bulldog. He is still saying American Bulldog. Help me...

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Briley was my 19th birthday present to myself! I'm young I know lol. Grew up around dogs and working with animals and when I moved out I go to college I didn't feel the same not having an animal at home and always wanted an English bulldog, so along came Briley! And I couldn't have gotten myself a better gift!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I was 23 when i got Meeko 5months ago (wow really only 5months?!).. The hubby 25 and our little boy was exactly 3 months old to the day lol and its 'his dog' for him to grow up with ;-)he could be the youngest bully owner on here :2thumbs: .. We chose a bully cos ive ALWAYS wanted one and read about their temperanents with children and bein quite lazy researched them more and it was perfect .. BEST decision we ever made (along with havin our skin baby lol) <3

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I must have been about 38. My husband has always wanted an English Bulldog, and I made him do extensive research about the breed. We looked and looked at pound puppies, which is what I wanted. We didn't find a single doggie that he could live with. (I could have lived with them all.) He found our baby in an online lineup and contacted the breeder, and we went to visit. We came home with our little Winston all cute and snuggly, and I'm wondering what happened to that cute little puppy! Surely it hasn't been two and a half years already...

Attachments

• 483033_10200091994415365_1229271829_n.jpg
    483033_10200091994415365_1229271829_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 137

Sampson

Jan 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Sampson
My bf was 20 when he got his first bully. I was 23 when I started living with Sampson (who was 3 at the time). My grandfather raised and breed english bulldogs for years! but i still didnt understand the bully breed fully (and i am still learning) until living with one.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've wanted an englishbulldog all my life and at the ripe age of 41 I was finally at that kind of a point in my life that could have one. That's 2 1/2 years ago.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Briley was my 19th birthday present to myself! I'm young I know lol. Grew up around dogs and working with animals and when I moved out I go to college I didn't feel the same not having an animal at home and always wanted an English bulldog, so along came Briley! And I couldn't have gotten myself a better gift!

Hubby got Mac for my gift for our 10th wedding anniversary, not sure how that is a gift for me as he's a gift that keeps on making messes and needs me more than an infant does but hey, thanks honey!!
BTW, as I was typing this that 'gift' was trying to make a nest in my LAP (remember, I'm on the laptop, hence no lap space) but instead has settled for his head on my boob and he's curled himself up as small as a bulldog can possible get which isn't that small mind you. Yes, dear, thank you.:weird:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online