How to welcome Gunny to new home?

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
I'm having an issue w/Cammie (21wks old). We brought Gunny (9wks old) home and Cammie is being such a brat. Jumping, biting (not hard), not listening. She is out of control and won't focus on anything but Gunny! Help

Oh and here is Gunny! So cute!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359253184.758817.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359253230.187534.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359253262.888528.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Get a water bottle squirt her with a firm NO .... She will quickly get the message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Water bottle's good. She will settle down in the next day or two. Jack and Emma were the same way when we brought Emma home, it was total chaos. They didn't settle down for at least 5 hours later. But the second day it's like she was always there. We only had to really watch her because she was so little and they a year old.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, I agree with the rest here, she will settle down but immediately lay down
the law with her and be firm and consistent...he is not her personal chew toy!

Water bottle is good, also metal can w/coins shaken at her will stop it or any bad
behavior. Don't forget to PRAISE her when she is doing and being good, good luck!

Sure wish I had TWO bullies!!!

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
I has this problem with my EB when my roommate brought her dog home. My solution, as silly as it sounds, was a can of air. It works similar to how hairspray or any other aresol can works. It puts out a blast of air and makes a noise that distracts/kind of scares them. It is called "stop that!" from petsmart and "pet corrector" from petco. I like the "stop that!" better because it has a lavender (i think) scent that acts a calming method as well as smells good lol! Neither of them are anything but air so it is very safe. Worked like a CHARM on my bully when he was only focusing on my roommates dog. He was jumping, humping, biting, not listening, etc. much like your case. I would suggest it since it hasn't gone too far and isn't an extreme case. It's cheap too, only like $10. Although, if you use it too much it runs out of air. I only replaced it once, but not for the same reasons. It works pretty quickly. I just say the command he already knew, and when he didn't listen I blasted the air in his face/ear or somewhere very close to him.
I hope my explanation made sense, I'm just waking up lol!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm having an issue w/Cammie (21wks old). We brought Gunny (9wks old) home and Cammie is being such a brat. Jumping, biting (not hard), not listening. She is out of control and won't focus on anything but Gunny! Help

There's no shame in separating the two for periods during the day. When I couldn't watch them every single minute, I put Bo in his kitchen enclosure and Bea in the dining room enclosure - where her bed is. Later, when Bo got bigger, they'd have "nap time" in their respective crates -- which are right next to each other. I'm sure Gunny just seems like a crazy new fun toy to Cammie right now --- but they will settle down. Disagree with behaviors you don't want to see; be fair and be consistent. Just cuz Gunny is the baby doesn't mean he can't be the instigator sometimes!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.