Picked up Bllue today.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Aww Blue is adorable, congratulations, you must be very excited. The potty training phase is only temporary, it took us about 5 months to train them. The best thing you can do is forget about the pee pads, and just take him out on your lawn, or backyard and then back inside. I died the pee pads at first, and found they wouldn't stay on them, tried to eat them, and I thought it might confuse them to first train on the pads inside the house, and then have to retrain to go outside. The best thing to do is to crate train from the first, then they learn this is where they sleep, and it's a safe place to put him when you can't watch him, or you need to go out for a while. The second thing that really works is a schedule. I posted on the forum the puppy club, about potty training a puppy and the schedule that worked for us. Good luck, and enjoy

5 months sounds about right. Took remi forever but the bells really helped with the process. I totally wish I discovered them sooner.

Your new pup is gorg btw!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I'd love to tag all of you and say "thank you", but man, I'm so tired this morning.

Woke up at 5:30, went into the kitchen and who do i see hiding behind his stuffie bulldog outside of his crate? Blue. Apparently, sometime during the night the crate door closed and he couldn't get back in. I felt terrible. Picked up the poor guy and just held him forever. Then he got wiggly and wanted down..lol..
He's now well fed, he pood and peed, played, and back to sleeping (in this crate this time).

Time for this bully mama to take a quick nap :)

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
Absolutely PRECIOUS! Love that picture of him chewing on the bottle toy and his standing up sleeping picture!
Congrats on your new baby!
Potty training will become easier with time and consistency. I as well had ALOT of difficulty and just when you want to give up and think they'll never learn, they surprise you.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks everyone.
We closed off the kitchen area with a child/pet door. The kitchen is his, and his crate stays open. He took to the crate right away, no problems with that part. Also, Looks like he's taken to a particular wee wee pad as well. Fingers crossed there won't be anymore accidents. :pray:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
He is so cute! I have found that these guys are pretty smart. He'll get the potty training in no time. Just remember--always positive reinforcement even when you're tired and frustrated.

london

Jan 15, 2013
highland indiana
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
london
Good luck on being new parents .

Hi everyone,

We winded up picking up Blue today instead of tomorrow. Was an easy ride back home (thank god) even without him sleeping most of the way.
The great thing is he made himself at home right away in the crate :clap2: :2thumbs:. Bad thing is he's peeing and pooping everywhere :cursing:. All we're doing is running after him trying to get him to a wee wee pad in time. No such luck though. :*(

Anyway, we're exhausted, but in a good way. He's an adorable pup but I foresee many sleepless nights..:w00t:
I think... I think I need some Zzzz

View attachment 36003View attachment 36004View attachment 36005View attachment 36006

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Congrats! He is totally adorable:heart:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks guys.
We're finally getting into a routine. Never realized how important sleep was until we got this little guy..lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.