Picked up Bllue today.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi everyone,

We winded up picking up Blue today instead of tomorrow. Was an easy ride back home (thank god) even without him sleeping most of the way.
The great thing is he made himself at home right away in the crate :clap2: :2thumbs:. Bad thing is he's peeing and pooping everywhere :cursing:. All we're doing is running after him trying to get him to a wee wee pad in time. No such luck though. :*(

Anyway, we're exhausted, but in a good way. He's an adorable pup but I foresee many sleepless nights..:w00t:
I think... I think I need some Zzzz

View attachment 36003View attachment 36004View attachment 36005View attachment 36006

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Awww he's so wrinkly. :) Are you crate training? He'll be better able to hold it before too long

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww Blue is adorable, congratulations, you must be very excited. The potty training phase is only temporary, it took us about 5 months to train them. The best thing you can do is forget about the pee pads, and just take him out on your lawn, or backyard and then back inside. I died the pee pads at first, and found they wouldn't stay on them, tried to eat them, and I thought it might confuse them to first train on the pads inside the house, and then have to retrain to go outside. The best thing to do is to crate train from the first, then they learn this is where they sleep, and it's a safe place to put him when you can't watch him, or you need to go out for a while. The second thing that really works is a schedule. I posted on the forum the puppy club, about potty training a puppy and the schedule that worked for us. Good luck, and enjoy

A

Alaskasmom1

I feel your ( happy) pain of a new pup. Ton wears me out too...but they are so precious aren't they? Makes me appreciate the grown ones.

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Aww Blue is adorable, congratulations, you must be very excited. The potty training phase is only temporary, it took us about 5 months to train them. The best thing you can do is forget about the pee pads, and just take him out on your lawn, or backyard and then back inside. I died the pee pads at first, and found they wouldn't stay on them, tried to eat them, and I thought it might confuse them to first train on the pads inside the house, and then have to retrain to go outside. The best thing to do is to crate train from the first, then they learn this is where they sleep, and it's a safe place to put him when you can't watch him, or you need to go out for a while. The second thing that really works is a schedule. I posted on the forum the puppy club, about potty training a puppy and the schedule that worked for us. Good luck, and enjoy

This was my experience exactly with pee pads

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks guys.

I'd love to teach him to go outside but I can't right now. We live in a high rise, so I don't have a backyard. There's also way too many dogs around here, and Blue just got his second set of shots yesterday. So until he's done with his vaccines, it's the wee wee pads.. :girlcry:

He's sleeping right now so we get a break..lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Absolutely adorable in every way, he's most definitely a keeper, Congratulations!

My fav pic you sent us is the the 3rd one...he's sleeping standing up, only his head
and shoulders held up by the pillow...poor worn out 'lil wee one.
:havemyheart:

​Blue looks blissfully happy...great job, Mom & Dad.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If you have a good size kitchen floor you could gate an area off with his crate inside it might be easier for him to pee/pooh away from his bed, that's a good place to start. I think in good time he'll get trained, good luck tonight

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Congratulations on your new little muffin! He is adorable. With patience and time, he'll learn how the basics should be handled. :) You've already gotten good advice, so I'll carry on with the celebrating.

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
Hi everyone,

We winded up picking up Blue today instead of tomorrow. Was an easy ride back home (thank god) even without him sleeping most of the way.
The great thing is he made himself at home right away in the crate :clap2: :2thumbs:. Bad thing is he's peeing and pooping everywhere :cursing:. All we're doing is running after him trying to get him to a wee wee pad in time. No such luck though. :*(

Anyway, we're exhausted, but in a good way. He's an adorable pup but I foresee many sleepless nights..:w00t:
I think... I think I need some Zzzz

View attachment 36003View attachment 36004View attachment 36005View attachment 36006

Looks almost like our Gunny! Too cute

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359254565.947395.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Congratulations!!! He's so so cute. After having 3 puppies in a year's time I learned real fast that puppies were just like having a newborn when it came to feeding and peeing and pooping. Blue's going to be doing that for the next 4-6 months. You will now discover how much patience you're going to need. :p

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congrats.... He is a beauty!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions