Need some advice..

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Hey guys, hows everyone doing.

I need your guys advice.. I want to know what is the BEST way to clean my bullies folds on the face and her tail.

I recently bought some unscented wipes. What is the best shampoo to use on my bulldog?

I would like to learn what is the best way.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Thanks guys..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I use colloidal silver and Desitin on my bullys face and tail. I wash my dogs maybe twice a year and we have soothing and conditioning Milk&honey shampoo that smells like ice cream...works for us. In my opinion the best way to keep my bullys clean is to feed them the right food.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I don't there is one "best way" to do this....you gotta figure out what works for your pup. My dog's individual needs are much different - and so, require different products/process. An example: Bo doesn't have a tail pocket - Bea has a DEEP ONE. So Bea gets Duoxo wipes in the pocket and Bo gets hypoallergenic Huggies "One and Done" Cucumber Aloe wipees under his "poo smasher" tail and they both get overall wiped with them; wrinkles, ears, tear gutters, etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i agree with Vicaroo1000..... you need to find what product works best for your bully. I use witch hazel on a cotton pad for Banks facial folds and unscented baby wipes for her tail pocket with desitin on both as needed

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We use desitin here too. Make sure the folds are completely dry before applying!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I use baby wipes to clean and malaket wipes for any sign of sores. Cutty has a deep tail pocket that as never needed cleaned somehow. Have leaned it every now and again but is always clean. Desitan is good for red winkles too. Aquaphor for the nose and that's about it here. Baths every month or so, the pups stay pretty clean generally.

RAKA Bulldogs

Jan 24, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
Believe it or not we use Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo - good enough for your baby, good enough for your dog, and we have never had an issue. We use the concoction of Cornstarch/MOM/Hydrogen Peroxide and Penaten for folds, and luckily we don't have pockets, but use unscented baby wipes for that special area!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Believe it or not we use Johnson & Johnson's baby shampoo - good enough for your baby, good enough for your dog, and we have never had an issue. We use the concoction of Cornstarch/MOM/Hydrogen Peroxide and Penaten for folds, and luckily we don't have pockets, but use unscented baby wipes for that special area!

Believe it or not.. Johnson's Baby Shampoo is one of the harshest shampoos made. They just take out what burns the eyes but have higher levels of other chemicals. My hubby used to work for the packaging company that formulated this among many others. We were shocked and needless to say never used on our kids. No reason to change if your Bully is tolerating it ok. Just some info in case things change!

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
I use unscented baby wipes on both her folds and under her tail (no pocket). After that I use a micro fiber towel to dry her. The one thing you need to do is to make sure you take the time to dry your pup well. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.