Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone , we had another dump of snow today, and when I took the dogs out for their duties this evening, they started to eat the snow. The last snowfall my female Blossom licked at the snow, but Dozer didn't really bother with it, but tonight, when I took Dozer out, after i fed them, he was licking and eating the snow like crazy, and not doing his duties. He just kept eating at the snow, I took him back in because it was really cold, and he wouldn't go, just kept eating the snow. I was worried he was going to get too cold, but also worried that eating too much cold snow would make him sick. Has anybody else experienced this with their dogs, and is is dangerous, or something I should worry about that he's eating so much cold snow?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It's really cold water in their mouth, so I don't think there's any harm...unless it's yellow snow....then just :barf: don't come kissing me!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
If you only knew how much snow Emma, Wilson & Jack eat when it's on the ground. The lick it and eat it and repeat that over and over. The absolutely love it and it's never bothered any of them. I say let them eat it and if you think they've had enough just bring them in. :2thumbs:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Lol porky prefers fresh snow to water she drives us nuts bcuz now she swats us when she has to go out n she'll sit there whining swatting us until we comply!!! She goes out n eats snow for 10 minutes then comes waddling back in lol!!!!! Idk it'll hurt em unless they eat something under the snow that they shouldn't ie a mushroom etc :) oh n the cold I've had to carry her tubby butt in b4 bcuz I was frozen n she wanted to play still lol some like cold n some don't!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel loves eating snow too. She has a lot of work ahead of her before she clears our deck of the foot of snow we got the other day. She's pretty good about stopping when we call her.

M

mabel lou

my Mabel eats snow and it drives me out of my mind crazy and I litereally have to walk away from her if I am outside because I say leave it like a million times and she will long enough to lift her head up and dive right back in again. in the beginning she would do it and i thought she was dying of thirst or something. I kept checking her water to make sure she had water and still to this very day she does this every single time she goes out. Thelma flips on her back and rolls and rolls and kicks this way and that way and then dives her head in it and she just looks like a fat little snowball when she is done and she is freezing when it is time to come back in from all the snow she is carrying around lol. Now she don't eat any snow just loves to flip on her backside and roll around in it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks eats it here and there, but nothing ever impacted her

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.