Deaf Bulldog

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Hi, I'm a new member & I love this site. I have a 6 year old EBD,Max. When he was 4 months old we realized he was deaf. Anyone out there have a deaf EBD?
image.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there, welcome! :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=7871]Lulu belle[/MENTION] :smileywelcome: to EBN. I don't know anything about deaf bullies, but i do know your pup is one handsome boy.

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Thank you for welcoming me. I love this forum, so informative.IMG_0199.jpg

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Thank you so much! I think he is beautiful. Once I read up on deaf dogs I was armed & ready. He might be a bit, just a little catered too (some say spoiled), but look at him. How can I not? he's my baby& my BFF.
Max5.jpgP1010245.jpgP1010246.jpgP8120205.jpgIMG_0477.jpgIMG_0077.jpg334220_4389526786056_1300334756_o.jpgIMG_0199.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
AWWWWWWWW..... what a sweet looking bully!! We have a 6yr old female. Although she can hear you'd think she couldn't at times...... very selective. Some say a bit spoiled too.. The seniors are so very deserving, right? :angelheart:

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
With over 500 members, is it possible I am the only one with a deaf bulldog?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 141

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:bump:

I know there have been many others, but they may not be very active. Your bully is so beautiful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I have a deaf bulldog... okay, okay, she's not really deaf, she just pretends that she is... :excited:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
She is beautiful. I know a friend of mine who has a deaf white boxer and he taught the dog sign language. It works great in the house but on occassion the boxer gets out and we all help coral him back home. That is hilarious because none of us know sign language and it is funny when you have 7 people yelling a dogs name and the dog cannot hear. My friend finally put a perimeter fence around the door of his apartment so if buster wont get out. That too was funny because once he got zapped once or twice he wouldn't go near the door and my friend had a heck of a time making that dog understand when it was and wasn't ok to go out the door. Buster is trained rather well but it took almost two years for basic hand signals. Good luck.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Your baby is beautiful, and I know we have some members who do have deaf bullies, just can't remember who. Sorry memory isn't what is used to be.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Oh my gosh! That is absolutely endearing. Part of me wonders if this is a complete and total gift for you.

I know that sounds like a strange thing to say, but that would encourage a bulldog to look at you more, and you would have his attention WAY more than I have Remi's. Do you find that's true?

And bulldogs are so clever, they are awesome at hand movements.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online