Few Questions

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Hey there guys! I hope everything is doing great. I have a questions. Has anyone heard of [h=2]NuVet Plus?[/h] Is anyone giving that to their bullies?
Also what are the best bowls for the bullies? stainless steel?
My bully eats like a pig. She eats like she has never eaten before at times. lol
She is a fatty butt.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I use Nuvet, it's an excellent supplement. Yes stainless steel or ceramic bowls (I have both) never use plastic :)

You can try a slow feed ball or even a big rock in their bowl to slow them down a bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Yes I use Nuvet, it's an excellent supplement. Yes stainless steel or ceramic bowls (I have both) never use plastic :)

You can try a slow feed ball or even a big rock in their bowl to slow them down a bit :)

Ok. I'm planning to order Nuvet tomorrow. Am I suppose to give the supplement when shes eating or give it to her a treat?
Ahh , Ok just making sure..

Has any one tried giving there bully Blue Wilderness Puppy ?
I'm always looking for the best high quality food for my bully. I want the best for her.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I need your guys assistance.. I've caught my bully eating her poop 1-2 times already. Is it because of the lack of nutrients the food im giving her?
Im giving her Purina puppy chow right now..

IM thinking to moving to her Blue Wildernress Puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She eats like a pig. She eats morning,afternoon, mid evening and night time.
She drinks alot of water.. She always has a clean bowl of water. She is digesting the food good. She is very active.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
A food change may certainly curb her appetite for poop snacks, purina is mostly made of bad ingredients so it may come out appetizing! Blue wilderness puppy I hear is pretty good, I use Fromm puppy in the pink bag, I order it from Petflow.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Blue Wilderness Puppy is good. My suggestion is to hold off on the supplements until he's done with the Puppy food and changed to the adult food. Puppy food is designed with the nutrients needed for puppies. If you add supplements to this, it would undo the reasons for using a puppy formula. For example - puppy food is designed to be lower in calcium and other minerals. If you add supplements to this, then it negates the lower calcium balance. Make sense?

Poop eating could be caused by behavioral or nutritional issues. It might get solved when you switch him to a better food or it may not. Just continue to observe his behavior and see if it gets any worse.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Doesnt poop eating come from a lack of fiber in the diet? I feed raw. The food your pup is on is horrible! I was told by my local feed shop that blue wilderness is very rich and can cause soft stool. Alot of kibble feeders here use Fromm.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Blue Wilderness Puppy is good. My suggestion is to hold off on the supplements until he's done with the Puppy food and changed to the adult food. Puppy food is designed with the nutrients needed for puppies. If you add supplements to this, it would undo the reasons for using a puppy formula. For example - puppy food is designed to be lower in calcium and other minerals. If you add supplements to this, then it negates the lower calcium balance. Make sense?

Poop eating could be caused by behavioral or nutritional issues. It might get solved when you switch him to a better food or it may not. Just continue to observe his behavior and see if it gets any worse.

I agree. It's an OK food. Holding off on supplements for the puppy is a very good idea. Trixie used to eat poop when she had an accident in the house (getting rid of the evidence)--strictly a behavioral issue.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I disagree respectively, puppyhood is when they do most of their growing and thus the most essential time to supplement to ensure they are getting all of their vitamins.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Doesnt poop eating come from a lack of fiber in the diet?

That's one of the reasons. Eating poop is instinctive in all dogs. A most obvious indicator for this is when dams give birth, they eat their baby's poops to eliminate scents that could attract predators. Puppies may also eat each other's poop when they fight for pack dominance. And of course, there's the instinctive scavenger trait of dogs that when in times of famine, they would eat poop to stay alive.

So, in a pet dog where environment factors that drive dogs to eat poop is not present, these instincts are not as pronounced. But it doesn't mean that it's not there anymore. So, a dog that eats poop can be due to 1.) nutritional deficiencies, 2.) pack rebellion, 3.) protectiveness of the pack. And that's not counting the "neglectful parents" reasons, where a dog eats poop because it's the one sure way he knows that he can get attention or any of those kinds of behaviors stemming from bad parenting.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
A food change may certainly curb her appetite for poop snacks, purina is mostly made of bad ingredients so it may come out appetizing! Blue wilderness puppy I hear is pretty good, I use Fromm puppy in the pink bag, I order it from Petflow.

Hey, Thank you very much for the advice! I appreciate all the help.
Is this the bag your talking about?
http://bluebuffalo.com/dog-food/lp-puppy-small-breed-chicken?pf=1&lifestage=puppy&animal=dog
?
I want to get the blue bag not the pink one

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel

Yes , it does make sense. I understand. Hopefully she will stop doing that once I change her over to a better high quality food.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
I disagree respectively, puppyhood is when they do most of their growing and thus the most essential time to supplement to ensure they are getting all of their vitamins.

I'm going to order Nuvet Plus, from the direct site. Do you get it from a different source? I read some reviews on it, and it seems its legit and great supplement for the bullies.

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
That's one of the reasons. Eating poop is instinctive in all dogs. A most obvious indicator for this is when dams give birth, they eat their baby's poops to eliminate scents that could attract predators. Puppies may also eat each other's poop when they fight for pack dominance. And of course, there's the instinctive scavenger trait of dogs that when in times of famine, they would eat poop to stay alive.

So, in a pet dog where environment factors that drive dogs to eat poop is not present, these instincts are not as pronounced. But it doesn't mean that it's not there anymore. So, a dog that eats poop can be due to 1.) nutritional deficiencies, 2.) pack rebellion, 3.) protectiveness of the pack. And that's not counting the "neglectful parents" reasons, where a dog eats poop because it's the one sure way he knows that he can get attention or any of those kinds of behaviors stemming from bad parenting.

Oh ok..

OP
luis323

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel

It can probally be the lack of nutrients on the food? I am not sure. Hopefully she will stop doing that when I change her over to Blue Wilderness for Puppy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.