Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Few Questions

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Few Questions

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I disagree respectively, puppyhood is when they do most of their growing and thus the most essential time to supplement to ensure they are getting all of their vitamins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm going to order Nuvet Plus, from the direct site. Do you get it from a different source? I read some reviews on it, and it seems its legit and great supplement for the bullies.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    That's one of the reasons. Eating poop is instinctive in all dogs. A most obvious indicator for this is when dams give birth, they eat their baby's poops to eliminate scents that could attract predators. Puppies may also eat each other's poop when they fight for pack dominance. And of course, there's the instinctive scavenger trait of dogs that when in times of famine, they would eat poop to stay alive.

So, in a pet dog where environment factors that drive dogs to eat poop is not present, these instincts are not as pronounced. But it doesn't mean that it's not there anymore. So, a dog that eats poop can be due to 1.) nutritional deficiencies, 2.) pack rebellion, 3.) protectiveness of the pack. And that's not counting the "neglectful parents" reasons, where a dog eats poop because it's the one sure way he knows that he can get attention or any of those kinds of behaviors stemming from bad parenting.
    Oh ok..

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    That's one of the reasons. Eating poop is instinctive in all dogs. A most obvious indicator for this is when dams give birth, they eat their baby's poops to eliminate scents that could attract predators. Puppies may also eat each other's poop when they fight for pack dominance. And of course, there's the instinctive scavenger trait of dogs that when in times of famine, they would eat poop to stay alive.

So, in a pet dog where environment factors that drive dogs to eat poop is not present, these instincts are not as pronounced. But it doesn't mean that it's not there anymore. So, a dog that eats poop can be due to 1.) nutritional deficiencies, 2.) pack rebellion, 3.) protectiveness of the pack. And that's not counting the "neglectful parents" reasons, where a dog eats poop because it's the one sure way he knows that he can get attention or any of those kinds of behaviors stemming from bad parenting.
    It can probally be the lack of nutrients on the food? I am not sure. Hopefully she will stop doing that when I change her over to Blue Wilderness for Puppy.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

I disagree respectively, puppyhood is when they do most of their growing and thus the most essential time to supplement to ensure they are getting all of their vitamins.

I totally agree with you on this one.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    Hey, Thank you very much for the advice! I appreciate all the help.
    Is this the bag your talking about?
    http://bluebuffalo.com/dog-food/lp-p...ppy&animal=dog
    ?
    I want to get the blue bag not the pink one
    I use Fromm, not Blue Buffalo, I would go with large breed if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by luis323 View Post
    I'm going to order Nuvet Plus, from the direct site. Do you get it from a different source? I read some reviews on it, and it seems its legit and great supplement for the bullies.
    In order to get it you need a code, there is one on the "Forum" page. Get the tablets, not the powder, it is a better value.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I disagree respectfully... When you are on Puppy Chow or Pedigree or any of that crap food, then yes. But supplementing instead of fixing your dog's diet is not going to make him healthier because he is still ingesting crap.

Supplementing premium puppy food runs the risk of having your dog grow on an unbalanced growth. For example, overloading on calcium will cause your dog's bones to grow faster than its ligaments, etc.

You can research this and you will find a consistent answer: ANY complete quality dog kibble should not need supplementing unless you are addressing a health problem. It upsets the balance of complete nutrition that premium kibbles strive to achieve. Recommending Fromm dog food and passing it as 6 stars then saying it is nutritionally deficient on a healthy dog is illogical.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

I just want to give you guys an update. I've doing the transition of feeding her Blue Wilderness Puppy food. She's been eating that. She eats like a pig. I've not catched her or seen her take a poop n try to eat it .. Which is a good sign. I hope it stays like that.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Chanel
    Likes (Received)

I have a question. I am not sure where I got this from, but what is the best shampoo to use on the bully? I thought i had created a thread about that, but I can't seem to find it.

I got a Johnson baby shampoo no tears and also a Hartz - Groomers Best Oatmeal Shampoo. It has a pic of a bully on it.
    I got unscented wipes, and q-tips . I also heard using sterile eye drops on the face folds are good.

?

Real Name
    Lois
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Max
    Likes (Received)

When my baby ate his poop, the vet said I needed to increase his food. Puppy grow at a fast pace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads