kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
Morning everyone,

Bentley and Tank are two chow hounds who put food all over my kitchen floor when they eat. It has gotten to be ridiculous!!! Then they try to lick up any food that they have thrown from their bowl. So my floor gets a good tongue licking at least twice a day. I have to mop after they finish eating. I am afraid they will get sick or something from licking the floor. Long story short, I have been considering getting them each a neaterfeeder. Anyone using this or have any useful information that would help me to decide? It would be greatly apppreciated.

OAN: Their Fromms beef frittata food came in. We have been using it for about a week now. They had no issues with the change over. I have seen a change in my furbabies. They no longer have that yeasty odor and their tear stains are clearing up. And did I mention they love this food. The food change I believe has done the trick.:excited::2thumbs:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sorry, I dont know about that feeder. HRH just uses stainless steel bowls. We had a ceramic water bowl but recently changed that to SS also and her chin cleared up. I am glad the Fromm is working for you. It does for us as well.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
It didn't work for me. My dogs have this common-to-bullys habit of eating and all the food that is in their jowls end up on the floor. I thought the neaterfeeder would do the trick but then they don't keep their heads on top of the food bowl... they would turn here and there and the food still ended up on the floor. And the water bowl definitely doesn't work because my dogs would drink and walk away trailing globs of water all over the floor.

So, if your dog eats like mine, the neater feeder doesn't help completely. But, if your dog is the steady on the bowl type dog, it might work. What I do is I put their bowls on a rug which acts like a placemat. Then they eat the food that's on the rug which is just fine, then after they are done I roll the rug and store it with their clean dog bowls.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news on the food change.... that is always nice to accomplish finding the right food. As for the neaterfeeder, my sister has one for her GSD (German Shepard Dog) and I really do not see a difference... kibble is still on the floor and duke is really OCD and eats real slow

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy the food change has done the trick. As far as the bowl goes, I have never used it, but I was going to suggest a place mat or rug as mentioned above. WE use on for Buddy and the girls get feed in their crates.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Great news about the Fromm ... we are Beef Frittata feeders here!!!

I dont' know if it would work but have you tried slo feeder bowls maybe????

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online