Sleeping Bulldog

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Since this is my first bulldog I wanted to know if anyone else has an EB that had weird sleeping habits. Mine sometimes sleeps with his tongue sticking out, or even weirder he has one eye open. I attached a pic of him sleeping in his bed with his tongue out. Does anyone else have a EB with a weird sleeping habit? Should I be concerned that him sticking his tongue out is due to some type of issue?

Attachments

• sleeping.jpg
    sleeping.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 244

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Since this is my first bulldog I wanted to know if anyone else has an EB that had weird sleeping habits. Mine sometimes sleeps with his tongue sticking out, or even weirder he has one eye open. I attached a pic of him sleeping in his bed with his tongue out. Does anyone else have a EB with a weird sleeping habit? Should I be concerned that him sticking his tongue out is due to some type of issue?

Nothing wierd about it. My bullies would regularly have their tongue sticking out... sleeping or awake. Although, I've never seen a dog who sleeps with an eye open... that would be awesome to see!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I dont think its a problem just relaxed/comfy. I guess its like some humans sleep with their gob wiiiide open some with a closed mouth.

Meeko sleeps with his eyes open and rolled back all the time its freaky. X
20121215_172751.jpg20121110_113505.jpg20121215_172850.jpg

Last edited:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Nothing wierd about it. My bullies would regularly have their tongue sticking out... sleeping or awake. Although, I've never seen a dog who sleeps with an eye open... that would be awesome to see!

Your wish is my command lol meekos pics above show you exactly that :2thumbs:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jameson sleeps with his tongue wayyy out....and sometimes he sleeps with his eyes open and it is the FREAKIEST thing....u walk in the room and he is dead asleep with his eyes open and it looks like he is looking at you...but he doesn't respond...several times i have had to check to make sure he is breathing

titan sleep with his tippy tongue out...just the little tip

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
OHMYGOSH!!! That's some freaky eye!!!

Lol tell me about it.. I wake up to this every morning. Its sometimes both eyes but if not its ALWAYS the eye with the patch thats open. This is another freaky one.. Hes asleep in this pic too believe it or not
20121220_113247.jpg

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Lol tell me about it.. I wake up to this every morning. Its sometimes both eyes but if not its ALWAYS the eye with the patch thats open. This is another freaky one.. Hes asleep in this pic too believe it or not
View attachment 35804

That's just freaky amazing! I have never seen such a thing! I LOVE that picture... it's like frankenweenie. LOL!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
The breeder we got Rumble from warned us about bulldogs being known to sleep with their eyes open. I haven't seen Rumble do it yet but after looking at the pictures I am not sure I want to!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 35804

OMG... that is so bizarre!! he looks like he is playing not sleeping.

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
LOL omg I thought Brock slept weird because he is always in some random position but those different eye pictures take the cake, I'd freak out and probably wake him up the first few times I noticed it (and then once I realized it was just him being him start taking pictures).

IMG_4328.jpgIMG_4486.jpgIMG_4656.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4225.jpg
    IMG_4225.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 155
OP
B

BullyDozer

Oct 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I guess this is either normal or there are just a lot of weird EBs out there. Either way we can have a good laugh watching them while they sleep.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
we call it tippy tongue at our house 2012-10-14_23-22-43_404.jpg one afternoon i came home from work and ate an ice cream bar when i was finished there was some melting ice cream left on the stick so i slowly reached over and rubbed it on the sleeping smoochacabra's tongue MAN WHAT A DREAM SHE STARTED !!!!!!!! My wife looked at me and said if i was her I would wake up and bite you LOL ..... I think they all sleep like there is no tomorrow 2012-10-21_12-42-41_98.jpg2012-10-21_12-43-28_898.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.